Votes: 103 51.2%
  • Oviedo

Votes: 71 35.3%
  • Yer Ma

Votes: 27 13.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a really hard one as I really like Oviedo. However football is a business so it would be Oviedo for me now but I would prefer to keep Garbutt with the aim of him being our backup next season with a view to him starting the following season. Oviedo would probably fetch at least 7m in the summer and that would free up funds to go towards a winger.

However I'm completely torn over the whole thing so don't really mind either way. Heart says Oviedo. Head says Garbutt. For next year.

Is it bad to say that I would suggest Baines shouldn't be automatic first choice? I honestly think Oviedo is better defensively and stops the ball coming in more, he can also assist with his right foot and really varies his delivery into the box. Garbutt is probably the best set piece taker. Baines is an icon but can anyone really say he's at the level he was 2010-13? Back then he was a whole class above Oviedo and Garbutt, now I don't know. Is Baines going to get any better? Oviedo and Garbutt certainly will.
Baines is still better than both. Lets not kid ourselves over that.

Kenny-- Stones -- Galloway -- Garbutt

the Ideal would be him and Kenny as the starting fullbacks in 2-4 years time mate, both homegrown (well Garbutt almost), then think about having stones and browning or the lad we got from mk dons alongside, would have a immense 21-24 year old back 4/5 that have grown up and developed together and know each others games inside and out... and all put togetehr for about 5m total lol

Let's just play Garbutt, Baines and Oviedo all at left back. Stick Pienaar and Mirallas on the left wing. We'll just overlap the shiz out of teams on the left. Rom will stay in the middle for tap in, and Coleman will have acres on the right to arrive late like last night.

Easy.

Garbutt with Oviedo in front of him, like we had with Baines and Pienaar.

BOTH OVERLAPPING, PEOPLE!!!
I'd love to see this on Sunday! Think Nais or mirallas will be rested so we could see Lennon on the right and Oviedo on the left

Criminal to lose Garbutt. Just utter stupidity if that happens. Give him some games.

.......they are not in jail, they can leave when their contract is up. Baines is 1st choice and plays, can't really leave him on the sides to keep a youngster happy. Even if he had the odd game he probably still looked to go because he wants to be no1 somewhere as well as pocketing a small fortune. Doesn't mean to say the club are stupid for letting it happen.

Can't see it, but he might just sign. Delph surprised everybody by doing something similar at Villa so it does happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.