Who was your hero growing up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
Who would you usually imagine being during kickabouts with mates as a kid? Mine was Tony Cottee as he was a short striker. Thought we'd signed the best player ever when he got a hat-trick on his debut.

13750-zoom.jpg

Who would you usually imagine being during kickabouts with mates as a kid? Mine was Tony Cottee as he was a short striker. Thought we'd signed the best player ever when he got a hat-trick on his debut.

13750-zoom.jpg

I loved Cottee. I was like you, I was at his debut with my dad and we both thought we'd signed the second coming. First player who I hero worshipped though was Peter Reid. I think it was because of the way he took the game by the scruff of the neck when we were struggling. He just seemed to me to be our leader and I idolised him for it!

Didn't have a very deep knowledge of football when I was younger, didn't even support Everton. Most of my heroes were internationals. Tony effing Cascarino FFS. The only heroes I had that I don't feel ashamed of now were Packie Bonner and Roger Milla.

Last edited:

Everton hero was probably Radzinski (for some reason). First non Everton hero, probably still my favourite now, was this legend...

Status
Not open for further replies.