Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Stones

Votes: 8 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

monty

Sack Sky and donate to GOT...donations are needed
The following are just food for thought but each is a matter for consideration. I've listed my thoughts what about you, other players could well be considered and will other clubs come in for them

In my book we are carrying some players, those getting good money and not playing because they are not good enough.

Top of the list has to be McGeady, he must be up there with one of the poorest players we have ever signed, he is just not good enough, a headless chicken whose only talent is passing the ball to the opposition.

Mo Besic, the lad has promise but time is running out as he has never matched what many thought him capable of when he first. Should we cash in on him now?

Darren Gibson, still got a chance of making it with us but he has yet to prove anything worth while. Injury prone, not unusual for our squad, is he worth keeping

Good players we could consider include

Controversial possibly but Leighton Baines, he has been missing a while and youth has taken over. The kids have played superbly and will now be wanting to play week in week out. Baines has been a great servant but football is now an industry so sentimentality has no place in things like this.

John Stones, others will again come calling, are we better placed to sell him or should we retain. If we sell the price must be substantially higher than the money Chelsea offered

Right now, I don't think there's space in the squad for Oviedo, he can't stay fit & when you look at Galloways progression it then puts him behind both him, Baines and Garbutt in the pecking order... I still think the guy is a great player, I just don't think we're the right club for him in this minute of his career as he isn't going to get the minutes staying at Everton, so his wages could be better spent in another position.

The same applies for McGeady.

I can see bids coming in for Mirallas, and I can see us accepting a bid if it was suitable enough. He's a good player that we really needed on Sunday, but the truth is that he isn't holding down a first team place, which he very much wants, and when he is needed he is injured or suspended. Might be time to get rid, although I'm happy to keep him for a bit longer.

Besic? Really? The lad had a decent first season and has been injured this year. Christ.

McGeady might as well be gone. He hasn't been on the pitch and we haven't missed him. He's the only one I'd get rid of in January, though, as fringe players like Gibson, Oviedo, etc., might still be needed. I'd have a proper cull next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.