Who should replace Frank Lampard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucas Digne was the only creative player we had left and we got rid of him. I just think you cabt force someone to leave, Ronaldo had a multi billion pound offer on the table I don't think he needed much encouragement to leave
He did an interview with piers Morgan and he laid into Utd and Ten Hag, why are we discussing Lucas Digne, did you forget Benitez forcing James out? mind you half the fan base wanted him gone for getting on a plane early despite injury.

All I was saying was we need someone to take no crap but have the respect of his players.

He did an interview with piers Morgan and he laid into Utd and Ten Hag, why are we discussing Lucas Digne, did you forget Benitez forcing James out? mind you half the fan base wanted him gone for getting on a plane early despite injury.

All I was saying was we need someone to take no crap but have the respect of his players.
But that's the benchmark for literally every manager lol

Bielsa's "we'll score one more than you" high press with this team?

Yikes.

Can understand this interpretation, but if you actually think about the personnel - Maupay, Onana, Gueye, Gordon, Gray, Iwobi - these are all players who have demonstrated that they have the skill set to execute the high press either with the club or elsewhere. The problem with the squad for the past 18 months has been the ineffective coaching; they all hated Benitez (who was a dinosaur anyway) and Lampard has had problems well documented about inability to coach a press

There's 100% a case to be made that we could have success playing this way - there's without doubt no creativity on the ball in the team, so we should be aiming to either:

(a) sit deep, soak pressure, create space, score on the transition (Lampard, Nuno, Dyche); or
(b) press high, win the ball close to goal, create better chances as a result (Bielsa).

Someone like Bielsa with that level of attention to detail could have success with this team without doubt - his Leeds side were just as poor technically as we are but they were fantastically coached; they were still good until injuries ravaged their season.

Lucas Digne was the only creative player we had left and we got rid of him. I just think you cabt force someone to leave, Ronaldo had a multi billion pound offer on the table I don't think he needed much encouragement to leave
Digne has a very uncertain future at Villa. Emery has bought a new left-back, and is willing to listen to offers for Digne. Is considered a weak link defensively, and is too plagued by injuries.

James wanted out as soon as ancelotti left.

The lad was only here because ancelotti was here and we were the only ones whod pay his £200kpw wages. Which we couldn't afford.

Don't get Biesla shouts i was going to say but he does tend to have an upturn in form before his players burn out and we need that so might not be as mad as I thought.

We'd hound him out by season 3 though when we realise he's martinez mark 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.