Who should be captain against Burnley ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Coleman has just been ill there's a realistic chance he's back. If not I'd be seriously thinking about giving it to Gordon. Can understand the argument for Richy but I think you probably need a captain with a better command of English for their duties.
Better command of Playing footy when on the pitch, English when organising tickets for the raffles etc.
Nobody can convince me Keane was a better choice of captain than Richy today, and that's not hindsight talking, I was stunned when I saw him wearing the armband

The fact that he gave it to Keane shows me that he's not a good manager. If he thought all it would take to turn the atrocious Michael Keane into even a slightly below-average defender was to give him the armband then he was severely mistaken and knows very little about his players.

The fact that he gave it to Keane shows me that he's not a good manager. If he thought all it would take to turn the atrocious Michael Keane into even a slightly below-average defender was to give him the armband then he was severely mistaken and knows very little about his players.
Keane is a massive confidence player. It could've gone 1 of 2 ways. Unfortunately, it went the wrong way.

Pickford is far too erratic for Captain, and he and Keane were the most senior players we had available (ahead of Calvert Lewin and Holgate on age and appearances) which shows the state of the squad.

Doucoure has not been much better than Keane, and honestly, the only reason he's playing is because our midfield is woefully short of options.

I'd probably go with Calvert Lewin based on those available.

Lampard is in an incredibly awkward position with this group of players. It's a really fine balancing act as there seems to be so many mentally fragile players. And it's got to a point where even dropping or replacing players for a selected line up can have a negative impact on players, both individually and collectively. And we find ourselves in a scenario where by any unusual team selections will be under such scrutiny, that its really a catch 22 situation.

I would like to see Dele get some minutes playing behind DCL and Richarlison. Iwobi, was out best player vs West Ham, so I'd keep him in midfield and hope that VDB is fit to play and Sunday was just a precaution. As I said earlier, Doucoure plays essentially because there's noone else.

In defence, if Patterson is out, I'd play Holgate at RB, because Kenny, bizarrely looks far more comfortable at LB. Limited options leaves Godfrey and Branthwaite at CB. But with those players being thrown in, I'd honestly play Begovic instead of Pickford.

The squad is genuinely woeful.

Status
Not open for further replies.