Who plays in goal against West Ham poll???

Who starts?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robles. Give him the rest of the season. If he continues like the last few games then he needs replacing as number 1, but give him the chance to prove that it's a confidence blip that he can overcome. There's nothing to gain by playing Stekelenburg.

Robles has had a bad 5+ weeks whereas Stek has had a bad 5+ years.

Or instead of walking towards the ball to kick it wondering out the way or watch it going sailing past him?
The fella is a clown but because he did better than Howard he's meant to be a suitable number 1 for a team with top 4 aspirations.

Madness.

The fella is a clown but because he did better than Howard he's meant to be a suitable number 1 for a team with top 4 aspirations.

Madness.

I agree Joel isn't top 4 standard. I think he's a solid enough PL keeper though.

The point is though, would you prioritise a big money keeper signing over any of the following:

1. Backup Striker (assuming Lukaku stays)
2. Right Back
3. Centre Back
4. Attacking Midfielder

?

Personally I wouldn't

Just play with 11 outfield players and leave it unguarded. Basically what we do now but least we will have an extra man to help keep/win back possession. :p

I agree Joel isn't top 4 standard. I think he's a solid enough PL keeper though.

The point is though, would you prioritise a big money keeper signing over any of the following:

1. Backup Striker (assuming Lukaku stays)
2. Right Back
3. Centre Back
4. Attacking Midfielder

?

Personally I wouldn't
Totally agree with you mate,but i do think we need a new quality keeper if we are to get into top 4 next season and id keep Joel for number 2

No point playing Stekky now, might as well let Robles have it for the rest of the season in the hope he shows something to suggest he should have the job full time. Good as Stekky can be, he isn't ever going to be #1 for us, so might as well gives Robles the office and see if he steps up after a couple of poor displays

Status
Not open for further replies.