Who let Everton/Koeman down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't fit the bill mate. As we've been told umpteen times, his 49% is effective control. ALL major decisions here for 6 months have been his.

No hiding place.

We can see what you're trying to do here. If Moshiri wanted Koeman, but the rest of the board wanted Eddie Howe, then Eddie Howe would be our manager now. That's just one example. If Moshiri wanted Koeman, Bill wanted Howe, and Elstone wanted Mark Hughes, then of course Moshiri still wins because 49% of the club wants Koeman. Apologies for the simplistic way of explaining it, but you get where I'm coming from. Moshiri doesn't have the absolute final say just yet, until he buys Kenwright and Elstone out (hopefully soon), we'll continue to operate in the same way

Ultimately Moshiri is responsible for a disappointing end to a window which actually started off pretty well.

It's unlikely to be any ones persons fault, but will be a combination of naivety, lack of clout and an inability to persuade players and agents that Everton are a better place for them to go to than our immediate rivals.

The latter is the most important thing. If we don't have the skills in house to carry out serious player recruitment then we need to bring someone in who does.

This was always going to be a difficult window to be fair.

• Everyone has money, and is looking to spend
  • some have European football
  • some have London to offer
  • We finished in the bottom half 2 seasons running
Despite the new era, it'll take more to convince players when they have other options.

I'm not bothered we didn't get Sissoko but what was his choice? North West at Everton, no Europe, or London with Champions League football. London wouldn't attract me personally but it is an attraction to most foreign players.

Out of the players who did move, I'm disappointed we didn't get Bony or Hart but it seems we weren't even in for them anyway. I think the rebuilding will take a little longer than perhaps us fans had hoped, but hopefully by the time the next window comes along, we'll be in a better position to bring quality in, and have the staff in place to get them.

Overall the window was decent, just the deadline day wasn't.

Its probably a bit of everything. However...

One thing not highlighted enough is the Koeman / Walsh relationship.

The old Manager vs Director of Football debate.

Who was really in charge of identifying targets?
Were there disagreements?
Did Walsh act as a chief scout or as THE man in charge of recruitment?
How many targets did Koeman bring to the table?

Cold light of day, was the overall window the worst - no obviously it wasn't, was it the best - clearly not.

What did come out though is If the club is to progress then the 'old guard' need binning off, only then will we be able to understand exactly what the owner has planned and without the baggage of the old regime then the buck will stop with him then.

New stadium is at the ned of the day what will determine a huge amount about the club going forward and how the owner is percieved, delivers on that and no one will honestly care much about the initial 6 months and mistakes that we made.

Hopefully a huge word of caution has been learnt by us as fans this summer in thinking one man can change 25 years of mis-management

Over to Moshiri to make the changes neccesary really

Have a little faith in our current squad or did you forget about them?
I have mate, always will.

Just something needs to change behind the scenes. I was always taught to find a positive, if any good comes out of this it could well be that Moshiri will realise that Everton are stale, if he hasn't realised it already.

Take it easy

Cold light of day, was the overall window the worst - no obviously it wasn't, was it the best - clearly not.

What did come out though is If the club is to progress then the 'old guard' need binning off, only then will we be able to understand exactly what the owner has planned and without the baggage of the old regime then the buck will stop with him then.

New stadium is at the ned of the day what will determine a huge amount about the club going forward and how the owner is percieved, delivers on that and no one will honestly care much about the initial 6 months and mistakes that we made.

Hopefully a huge word of caution has been learnt by us as fans this summer in thinking one man can change 25 years of mis-management

Over to Moshiri to make the changes neccesary really

Well put

Ultimately Moshiri is responsible for a disappointing end to a window which actually started off pretty well.

It's unlikely to be any ones persons fault, but will be a combination of naivety, lack of clout and an inability to persuade players and agents that Everton are a better place for them to go to than our immediate rivals.

The latter is the most important thing. If we don't have the skills in house to carry out serious player recruitment then we need to bring someone in who does.
Here's the thing: all the hype around this new regime having an off-field plan, a vision and money to back it up which will give us an edge...well that's not unique for the PL, it's mundane. In the changeover from BK to FM we got out of a slum and into a semi detached house in the suburbs, we didn't go into a landed estate.

Our circumstances are now bang average for this league we're in.

I keep going back to the point I made when he tipped up: a CLEAR and unambiguous statement of where we're going and and how fast we are getting to it needed to be provided at the outset. Instead the hype has been allowed to gather massive pace and the situation has run away from them. They are now in serious credibility deficit and it needn't have been that way. As said a few times: they were drunk on the adulation of fans relieved at getting rid of old furniture.

Well NOW is the time they need to start acting like professionals and not a gang of blustering, boastful kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.