Who is the worst Everton player you have seen in the Premier League era?

Who is the worst Everton player you have seen in the Premier League era?

• Solomon Rondon

Votes: 74 24.0%
  • Alex Iwobi

Votes: 84 27.3%
  • Oumar Niasse

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Denis Stracqualursi

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • Marc Hottiger

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Cuco Martina

Votes: 34 11.0%
  • Tony Thomas

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Per Kroldrup

Votes: 17 5.5%
  • Anton Alcaraz

Votes: 26 8.4%
  • Eliaquim Mangala

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • Philippe Senderos

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Davy Klaassen

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Claus Thomsen

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Mitch Ward

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Danny Williamson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Tobias Linderoth

• Andy Van Der Meyde

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Aiden McGeady

• David Ginola

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Magaye Gueye

Votes: 3 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Danny Williamson's legs fell off. He is harshly judged as he never really got a chance to show if he was good or not.

How on earth is Brett Angell not on the list? He is probably the worst one.

Least talent: Angell
Most nothing player: John Spencer, Rondon (so far) neither if them have done anything. Like good or bad, just complete non entities.
Biggest waste of money: Davy Klaassen, a player we didn't need who did absolutely nothing. Even the likes of Iwobi, Bolasie etc at least scored a goal. Gbamin will win this if he doesn't do something soon though.

Has to be Iwobi doesn't it.

I think I could make an argument for others that they're either clearly past their best or simply just never good enough to be playing for Everton in the first place or at the very least they were a free or a low transfer fee.

Iwobi is the whole package, in his prime years yet still poo, cost us loads, was a clear panic buy, doesn't even have a set position after all these years, has an Instagram account that would make you think he's one of the best players in world football.

Sure the lad is nice enough if you talk to him but eff me his very presence at everton annoys me.

There must be some stand outs
The worst deal money wise has to be signing CF Rod Belfitt from Ipswich sending a young prolific goal scorer in a young David Johnson going to Ipswich we only got 40 grand for him - he went on to play for the other lot plus became an England international.....
Belfitt played only 11 games flopped & was sold on at a big loss......

Many years later we signed David Johnson back past his best .....

Everton That .......

Bernie the Bolt Wright a CF from Walsall was a massive mistake, but named at the time our worse signing ever - but he was comical to watch - we could not get a kit that fit him - he did score a few but his bust up with our manager was so comical it made the newspapers .....
He left intoxicated on the back of a trailer & drove by our groundsman after demanding a pay rise with our Managers hiding in a cupboard - while the bigger players chucked him on the trailer with his Xmas hamper ....

He was never seen at Goodison again as his contract was terminated.....LOL

Last edited:
Has to be Iwobi doesn't it.
not even close.

It’s not even timeframe related either. You’d only have to have been watching Everton for 10 weeks or so to see he’s not the worst player here NOW, much less since the PL started.

Most disappointing, or least deserving of his transfer fee? Maybe we can have a discussion, but WORST PLAYER? Not even in the conversation.

not even close.

It’s not even timeframe related either. You’d only have to have been watching Everton for 10 weeks or so to see he’s not the worst player here NOW, much less since the PL started.

Most disappointing, or least deserving of his transfer fee? Maybe we can have a discussion, but WORST PLAYER? Not even in the conversation.

Yeah man that's what I mean, like clearly Magaye Gueye and Cuco Martina are far,far worse footballers than Alex Iwobi but I just mean when you weigh up everything

- financial outlay
- age profile and can they improve
- does the player work hard
- do they at least offer something tangible

Iwobi is a comete summation of everything we have been getting wrong in terms of recruitment in recent years.

Yeah man that's what I mean, like clearly Magaye Gueye and Cuco Martina are far,far worse footballers than Alex Iwobi but I just mean when you weigh up everything

- financial outlay
- age profile and can they improve
- does the player work hard
- do they at least offer something tangible

Iwobi is a comete summation of everything we have been getting wrong in terms of recruitment in recent years.
Oh I’m not disputing that, but the thread is “worst player”, and he’s not even close to making the top 30 in the PL era.

Status
Not open for further replies.