who is preferred?

Who is the preferred midfielder Osman or Pienaar?

• Osman

Votes: 24 39.3%
  • Pienaar

Votes: 37 60.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

a whole wheel of cheese?
Osman or Pienaar?

People are saying if we sign SWP (or any other midfielder) then Osman will make way for Pienaar to stay in the side when he is fit again.

I'll be honest, I'd take Ossie over Pienaar everyday of the week. He is more inventive, holds the balls better, is very dangerous in possession especially around the box, and clearly has goals in him.

What do you think?

I honestly wouldnt like to pick, they are both the same type of player, skillwise and size wise. Both lightweight and while pienaar has more pace, ossie has a better eye for goal.

Ive got splinters in my bum from fence sitting. Okokok im gonna vote Ossie, simply cos hes fit atm and he scored yesterday, but i honestly wouldnt like to seperate them.

In the middle Ossie, on the wing Pienaar.

They play in different positions, both bring different things to the team. I think Ossie's the most likely to lose his place but you never know, we've been saying this for a few years now and he always proves himself.

Both valuable members of the squad. Talented footballers, work horses and they offer versatility.

Pienaar, better passing, better skill, and abit stronger. Osman would be pushed off the ball by a strong breeze.

Osman fights for every single ball and is Everton through & through. Better finish on him as well.

Pienaar also loses out physically, is prone to rash tackles (Giggs last season?!) and drifting in and out of matches.

But saying that, if it was in a central position then Ossie, probably Pienaar if he's getting thrown onto the leftwing.

Pienaar is one of our best players, I think he's very underated by most.

definitely in the top 5 at the club.

(in my opinion)

Pienaar is quicker and has a better passing range. I'd say he's more intelligent but not by much. He's better at running with the ball and far more creative. I think he mixes it more, he's a better tackler.

Osman has quicker feet, scores more goals and has a far better shot. He's got a better first touch aswell.

In terms of skill there's not much difference. Both are technically gifted but neither are flashy and don't have silky skills.

In terms of strength, work rate and movement there isn't any difference, there very close in that area.

I rate both players highly, typical Everton players really. Excellent workrate and good ability aswell.

If Arteta and/or Cahill are out, then Pinnear. We need his skills to create. If both of them are in the lineup then its pretty much a wash.

Pienaar is one of our best players, I think he's very underated by most.

definitely in the top 5 at the club.

(in my opinion)

That's almost a different thread in itself, personal top 5 players in the squad.

I agree (as will most) Pienaar is in the top 5 of our club. But I think he lies about 5th or even 6th (imo) whereas (for my 2p) Ossie is always above him in the ranking for the goal threat he provides.

If I had to put my top players in a list in terms of importance to the team. I guess my list would go something like :
- Yakubu
- Arteta
- Lescott
- Howard
- Osman
- Pienaar
- Vaughan
- Cahill

I think everyones mileage may vary.

Also people are saying Ossie in the mid, Pienaar on the wing. But I don't think that aspect comes in to the decision. Only one will make it in to the starting 11 (I guess) if we get more midfielders in (that are higher quality than both mentioned players), so one must be dropped it seems. Position is irrelevant (although Ossie can player on the wing or centre ;) )

So your saying Cahill is the 8th best player in our squad. ;o. I would have to strongly disagree.

My list would read :
Arteta
Cahill
Lescott
Yak
Howard
Yobo
Vaughan
Osman
Pienaar

But yes your right im sure every1 has their own list.

That's almost a different thread in itself, personal top 5 players in the squad.

I agree (as will most) Pienaar is in the top 5 of our club. But I think he lies about 5th or even 6th (imo) whereas (for my 2p) Ossie is always above him in the ranking for the goal threat he provides.

If I had to put my top players in a list in terms of importance to the team. I guess my list would go something like :
- Yakubu
- Arteta
- Lescott
- Howard
- Osman
- Pienaar
- Vaughan
- Cahill

I think everyones mileage may vary.

Also people are saying Ossie in the mid, Pienaar on the wing. But I don't think that aspect comes in to the decision. Only one will make it in to the starting 11 (I guess) if we get more midfielders in (that are higher quality than both mentioned players), so one must be dropped it seems. Position is irrelevant (although Ossie can player on the wing or centre ;) )

If I had to choose then it would be Pienaar.

SWP if he comes will play on the right, Arteta will probably play in the middle and that leaves one position: left wing. Who is better suited? Pienaar without a doubt.

Pienaar is far more creative and he's the one player Yakubu thrives off. He got like 15 assists last season and alot of them where creating for Yak's goals. Yak is the top dog, he gets the goals and he needs his best supplier, that man is Pienaar.

Osman isn't that creative, he's tidy in possession but he only gets you 3-5 assists a season. Obviously his goals are a bonus but Cahill, Arteta and SWP can all score goals.

Pienaar for me.

So your saying Cahill is the 8th best player in our squad. ;o. I would have to strongly disagree.

My list would read :
Arteta
Cahill
Lescott
Yak
Howard
Yobo
Vaughan
Osman
Pienaar

But yes your right im sure every1 has their own list.

Honestly I would have ranked him a LOT higher in our squad, but if you look at last season in games he never player, we still got the job done. He is a great player for us, but he is not as essential as the players I've put above him in my list. If you took any of the players above him from my list away, the team doesn't function as well(especially Howard lol ). Putting him in, enhances our squad and makes us more likely to score, but take away Arteta, Yakubu, Lescott, Ossie, Pienaar and there are huge holes in the team. It struggles to perform. IMO Cahill is nice, but not as essential as people make out. (Just my opinion old chap, don't kill me!)

If I had to choose then it would be Pienaar.

SWP if he comes will play on the right, Arteta will probably play in the middle and that leaves one position: left wing. Who is better suited? Pienaar without a doubt.

Pienaar is far more creative and he's the one player Yakubu thrives off. He got like 15 assists last season and alot of them where creating for Yak's goals. Yak is the top dog, he gets the goals and he needs his best supplier, that man is Pienaar.

Osman isn't that creative, he's tidy in possession but he only gets you 3-5 assists a season. Obviously his goals are a bonus but Cahill, Arteta and SWP can all score goals.

Pienaar for me.

Good post TB. It's times like this we need Bruce to wade in with hard figures for goal assists in total, then goal assists to Yak and game winning goals of their own. I guess we could then get some hard stats on who is actually the more 'essential' player rather than who people preferred :)
I can see what you are saying and it's probably right, but I think you underestimate Ossie's creativity.

Good post TB. It's times like this we need Bruce to wade in with hard figures for goal assists in total, then goal assists to Yak and game winning goals of their own. I guess we could then get some hard stats on who is actually the more 'essential' player rather than who people preferred :)
I can see what you are saying and it's probably right, but I think you underestimate Ossie's creativity.

Osman links play well but he isn't directly creative. He's doesn't make killer passes if you know what I mean.

It's all about combination really though. What is the best combination of midfielders, Moyes will have to figure that out. One thing I know for sure is whoever plays will do a job, there both classy little players.

Status
Not open for further replies.