Who has stopped going to the match ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the talk a few months ago was about Everton being back in the big time, now loads have stopped going because yers are poo. Most support whoever Liverpool are playing that week anyway, and are only interested in the RS result so no surprise there.
What colours your sky today?
Too late, He's gone.

Still been going but after the disgraceful post match antics of that fat dinosaur at burnley I won't be going again until he's gone.

I’ve stopped going and I’ve posted all of my tickets for the remainder of the season on Stubhub.

I just can’t be Arsed to watch it anymore until FS has gone, i have renewed mine & 2 sons ST this week though

I haven't been for 3 years.
I started watching the blues in 1975 went home and away for years and took my two eldest lads who are now 23 & 21 until they were 18 & 16. The rot started when Moyes picked a reserve team at Anfield and gave Gerrard a hatrick. Liverpool had lost 5 out of 6 going into that game, we were unbeaten in 9 and he just took it up the a**e for them. What annoyed me even more were his comments afterwards he was so arrogant. Likewise after the Wigan defeat. The final straw was when he bottled it in the second half at Wembley against a really terrible RS side. That's why I detest the guy. I went a couple of Martinez games in his first season but I got fed up with the fact we accept mediocrity. I could never stand the emotional blackmail too, comment such as 'Once Everton has touched you nothing is the same' (no disrespect there to the great Alan Ball, the club have made that honest heartfelt statement into a laughing stock) and the 'Born not manufactured' rubbish.
It's been really hard to control my feelings, I have had to ween myself off them and not get emotional. I watch loads of old videos form the 70,80's,90's and it saddens me to see what we've become. I love Everton and despise the Kopites but I'll never go again. Football is a business not a sport anymore.

Went to Burnley away and decided to sell our tickets for Brighton. CBA wasting my time if the players simply don't care. It's a chore.

These days I'm handicapped but I refuse to use a wheelchair yet, walk as far as I can for as long as I can.

From my perspective why should I put myself through all sorts of pain and agony to watch some players who are glad to take money but do nothing to earn it. I must add however that the club don't do anything to make life easier for handicapped supporters, rather than make areas suitable for use they use a lottery system for those prepared to take a chance to win a seat, sadly, because of the mundane play on offer lts not a chance I'm prepared to take.

With any luck the club will improve matters for disabled fans with the opening of the new ground, the odds are I won't be around to see it and hopefully the Sham will be gone by then which will make us instantly a far more attractive proposition.

These days I'm handicapped but I refuse to use a wheelchair yet, walk as far as I can for as long as I can.

From my perspective why should I put myself through all sorts of pain and agony to watch some players who are glad to take money but do nothing to earn it. I must add however that the club don't do anything to make life easier for handicapped supporters, rather than make areas suitable for use they use a lottery system for those prepared to take a chance to win a seat, sadly, because of the mundane play on offer lts not a chance I'm prepared to take.

With any luck the club will improve matters for disabled fans with the opening of the new ground, the odds are I won't be around to see it and hopefully the Sham will be gone by then which will make us instantly a far more attractive proposition.
Sorry but I’m simply not having that. There’s a number of disabled seats available for every home game. I’ve need accessible seats for a few games this season, and have simply arranged it via the club and the Disabled supporters association, they’ve been able to accommodate me at every game I’ve asked for, they’ve disabled my season tickets and issued seats in the disabled section, they’ve been brilliant.

I used to go once, maybe twice a season if we were doing well and the weather was nice.

Now...you can forget it, I’m not going out of my way to support that lot!

Sorry but I’m simply not having that. There’s a number of disabled seats available for every home game. I’ve need accessible seats for a few games this season, and have simply arranged it via the club and the Disabled supporters association, they’ve been able to accommodate me at every game I’ve asked for, they’ve disabled my season tickets and issued seats in the disabled section, they’ve been brilliant.

My point isn't so much about availability, but for the worth seeing games it is a lottery, the actual effort required to get to the game for the quality on offer is prohibitive. I'm proud of being a blue for nearly 70 years my match day attendances have become far fewer of late but my gut instinct is if we played better I might have tried harder. Incidentally I note you are a season ticket holder, such is my health I couldn't justify that expense.

My point isn't so much about availability, but for the worth seeing games it is a lottery, the actual effort required to get to the game for the quality on offer is prohibitive. I'm proud of being a blue for nearly 70 years my match day attendances have become far fewer of late but my gut instinct is if we played better I might have tried harder. Incidentally I note you are a season ticket holder, such is my health I couldn't justify that expense.
That’s different then mate, you’re making a choice not to go, fair enough, but if you want disabled section tickets the club have been great in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.