who do you want to 'raise there game'

Status
Not open for further replies.

uknightbreed

Player Valuation: £35m
i was just looking at our squad and looking for players who could improove on last season.(baines jagielka and pienaar raised there games last season imo , not forgetting rodwell and gosling breaking through aswell)

at first i thought id go with hibbert and osman , but (surprising myself) instead ive gone for 2 other home grown players.

for me i think vaughan is one player that needs to start raising his overall contribution , actually thats sounds a bit critical so perhaps its better to say instead that "it will be in his benefit if gets a good season under his belt ".....less injurys , more appearances , more goals.
due to his injurys he has never really got going , its been very stop start , despite having a good reputation and showing a lot of potential.

another player i feel has reached a bit of a crossroad is john paul kissock.
this lad has got good revues on loan at gretna and accrington (both wished they could keep him ) and he has also had some good performances in the reserves ,but he just hasnt made an impact on the first team at all.
by all acounts he has the reputation of being very skillfull and showboaty , best played just behind the frontline but can play anywhere across the middle , but also lacks a bit of strength.

(i think irving mcarten wallace agard and baxter might be the next youngsters to look out for to potentialy make 'the breakthrough' )

so if i could pick 2 players to have a more successful time next season i would go with vaughan and kissock.
imo both have become a bit of an enigma (taking vdm's title)

what 2 players would you want to see improovement from and why?

Our defence is fine. The players that need to improve for me would be Vaughan, Osman and Saha.

Vaughan just needs to keep injury free and work on his composure. Osman has always been weak and gets lost in games - he needs to combat that somehow. And Saha needs to stay upfront like an actual striker.

The only players that you could argue had a "poor" season would be Vaughan and Anchiebe.

Everybody else had good spells. Even Hibbert and Osman. Clearly I would like a few players to improve their consistency, but theres not a great deal of them that need to up their games.

The only players that you could argue had a "poor" season would be Vaughan and Anchiebe.

Everybody else had good spells. Even Hibbert and Osman. Clearly I would like a few players to improve their consistency, but theres not a great deal of them that need to up their games.

Spot on ;)

i cant really judge saha much , but he has made progress as the season went on.

thats the word by the way , it not about who had a poor season but who is making or not making progress.

even anichebe made some progress , he played and scored , which is something.

vaughan and kissock made no progress at all.

Vaughan himself has said it's make or break for him next season, so he will pull his finger out and work hard this summer. Looking forward to seeing him get a decent run of games if he stays clear of injury ;)

Vaughan himself has said it's make or break for him next season, so he will pull his finger out and work hard this summer. Looking forward to seeing him get a decent run of games if he stays clear of injury ;)

That would be nice. The problem is, with Yakubu (all £18m of him), Saha, Owen (ffs) and then Vaughan, we've got a problem giving him that playing time. Maybe a loan could be arranged? Of course, if that was the case, he'd no doubt break something after 3 games.

That would be nice. The problem is, with Yakubu (all £18m of him), Saha, Owen (ffs) and then Vaughan, we've got a problem giving him that playing time. Maybe a loan could be arranged? Of course, if that was the case, he'd no doubt break something after 3 games.

Not to mention Martins! :p

3 games? Bit generous. 2 and we have a deal.

James Vaughan has barely played all season so no one can say he's been poor, he hasn't played enough to be put into any category. He just needs to keep himself fit and gain some sharpness. Until then we can’t really judge him.

As for Victor Anichebe, those who can see past the hate would see he’s had a decent season, especially outwide for us. The Liverpool, Stoke and Villa games spring to mind. He’s probably had one bad game all season, in the cup against Macclesfield.

I wouldn’t say anyone been majorly disappointing, maybe Osman because of the high standards he set last season but he’s been moved out of position and has struggled with niggling injuries.

I think Tim Howard could improve by commanding his area more and coming for more crosses a little further from his line.
My other one would be Osman but I dont think there's anything left for him to give,He always looks knackered to me.
I dont think it's fair to bring Vaughan into this as he was injured for 90% of the season and didnt really get a chance of playing any major part in any game. He needs more than 10 minutes to do something in a game.
I personally hope he gets his chance next season because he has unbelievable pace,something we haven't got in abundance.

I think Tim Howard could improve by commanding his area more and coming for more crosses a little further from his line.
My other one would be Osman but I dont think there's anything left for him to give,He always looks knackered to me.
I dont think it's fair to bring Vaughan into this as he was injured for 90% of the season and didnt really get a chance of playing any major part in any game. He needs more than 10 minutes to do something in a game.
I personally hope he gets his chance next season because he has unbelievable pace,something we haven't got in abundance.

As above, Ossie too for me, Pienaar gets of for the last three months, but a full season would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.