Who can't handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

a whole wheel of cheese?
Who is Moyes on about here exactly?

Moyes said the Blues must re-learn how to capitalise fully on match-winning positions.

"What I'm finding out is that there are one or two who can't handle it as well as I thought they would do," he said.

"I'm sure they will come out of it but if we get into a situation like this again then there are one or two who we need to be stronger.

"For two or three years we've been able to defend but right now we can't defend for 45 minutes or 20 minutes in games and that is the disappointing thing at this moment in time."

I have my suspicions that he means Yobo and Hibbert.

However I'd say he is digging for a bit more. Maybe he knows something is on the cards?
If its true that his contract was held up because he wanted a clause inserted that he was to be there even if the club changed ownership, and now he is spouting this type of thing :

We are trying to find different ways of playing and maybe look to build a new team."

I've no doubt he has ideas on where he wants to take the team, but maybe with that handful of comments, he has some bigger plans afoot and is alluding to that?

A team rebuild won't be cheap. Why would he even mention it after saying not so long ago that we have very little money, and that we have to spend it wisely and on the correct players.
Not to mention the fact that our last few players in the doors were all transfer kitty busters (those two statements next to each other are baffling.. so Everton!).

I can't read between the lines too much, but I guess something is afoot.
Maybe its nothing and he is just trying to scare the players in to hardening up some more at the back.

Who knows... Thoughts?

The talent is there, and last year we were playing the best football in years until injuries settled in. Granted we miss Carsley, a veteran holding mid should be easy to find and its on Moyes that he didn't go out and find an insurance policy in case Mutinho fell through (Gilberto, Boateng). How are you going to find the money to blow this team up? Arteta is prob only worth 10M now, if that. Cahill isn't worth 6M becasue of his age/injuries. Lescott's worth has dropped farther than the stock market. Baines is worth less than we paid for him.

What I'm finding out is that there are one or two who can't handle it as well as I thought they would do," he said.

"I'm sure they will come out of it but if we get into a situation like this again then there are one or two who we need to be stronger.

Interesting!

Based on recent performances and team selection could it be Yobo and Pip ?

Why would it be Hibbert? I'm not a big fan of his but he's been fine since he came in. He certainly never shies away and he always gives 100%.

I think he's talking about Lescott and Yobo, there's no way he'd critisise Neville whether he is in poor form or not. It just wouldn't happen.

I really do hate this talk of building a new team, he's basically saying where not good enough. This is his team at the end of the day, so he's [Poor language removed] up then?

Why would it be Hibbert? I'm not a big fan of his but he's been fine since he came in. He certainly never shies away and he always gives 100%.

I think he's talking about Lescott and Yobo, there's no way he'd critisise Neville whether he is in poor form or not. It just wouldn't happen.

I really do hate this talk of building a new team, he's basically saying where not good enough. This is his team at the end of the day, so he's [Poor language removed] up then?

Nah, he just knows that to be able to progress, he will have to try and find quality in the matalan area of the tranny market.

I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with Moyes. To my mind, he looks for excuse after excuse as to why things don't go to plan. He strikes me as a man desperate to talk himself and his plans up, yet at the same time offer some type of cryptic clue that there are elements within the camp that are somehow blocking his perfectionism. I'm not convinced that he is the full shilling at the moment. I'm ready to admit that he's been an excellent influence in past times, though. But he needs to sharpen things up and quit the constant attempts at justifying his position.

Unless he's trying to puncture a few egos? I think he models himself on Ferguson and it isn't unknown for him, or if not him Roy Keane, to talk in the press about players not doing the business.

Unless he's trying to puncture a few egos? I think he models himself on Ferguson and it isn't unknown for him, or if not him Roy Keane, to talk in the press about players not doing the business.

I don't know, Bruce. I like to think that I'm a fair person, and I do admit it when I'm wrong (honest, I do!). I've just started to get this terrible feeling that Moyes is losing the plot. Shoot me, I'm evil. lol

But we'll see what transpires. I just wish he'd keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his job, rather than the media's impression of him.

Well yes you can do that when you have a squad the size of MU and a transfer budget big enough to send out for another six pack of egos if you're unhappy with the ones you've just had to puncture.

We, on the other hand, seem to be particularly well endowed only with 16 and 17 year old 'hopes'.

I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with Moyes. To my mind, he looks for excuse after excuse as to why things don't go to plan. He strikes me as a man desperate to talk himself and his plans up, yet at the same time offer some type of cryptic clue that there are elements within the camp that are somehow blocking his perfectionism. I'm not convinced that he is the full shilling at the moment. I'm ready to admit that he's been an excellent influence in past times, though. But he needs to sharpen things up and quit the constant attempts at justifying his position.

Could not agree more.

Yakubu with 4 goals in 10 games, I seriously doubt it.

Howard maybe, Lescott and Yobo aswell. Maybe even Baines.

I dunno mate Yaks the man you want in your side when things are going well not so much when their not.

I dont think its either Yobo or Lescott, both are to well proven. Yobo is prob our longest serving player now, dont forget he played almost all summer and got no preseason due to his brothers kiddnapping.

I think we are missing the big charicters in the sqaud and the leaders on the pitch like Stubbs and Cars.

I dunno mate Yaks the man you want in your side when things are going well not so much when their not.

I dont think its either Yobo or Lescott, both are to well proven. Yobo is prob our longest serving player now, dont forget he played almost all summer and got no preseason due to his brothers kiddnapping.

I think we are missing the big charicters in the sqaud and the leaders on the pitch like Stubbs and Cars.

Yakubu was a big part of the likes of Boro and Portsmouth staying in the League, he's probably been in these situations more than most. And to be honest his goalscoring record this season speaks for itself, it can't be him.

Yobo and Lescott have looked very fragile, both have been dropped. I'd say it could be them. Who else would you say?

To be honest we miss character and quality, we've got nothing at the moment. No leaders and no players with the bottle to put there foot on the ball and make things happen.

Yakubu was a big part of the likes of Boro and Portsmouth staying in the League, he's probably been in these situations more than most. And to be honest his goalscoring record this season speaks for itself, it can't be him.

Yobo and Lescott have looked very fragile, both have been dropped. I'd say it could be them. Who else would you say?

To be honest we miss character and quality, we've got nothing at the moment. No leaders and no players with the bottle to put there foot on the ball and make things happen.

Like the reasons ive already said i dont think its Yobo or Lecott, the problem for me has been bad defending comprimised by poor midfiled protection ive been saying it since the first game. The biggest challenge in the cloose season was finding a DM and we havnt thats the problem and the enitre midfeild is a ruderless ship it doesnt defend or attack as a unit, and presently they are not playing with any cohesion, or team etthic or awarness.

I still think the Yak isnt offering us much, in terms of battleing qualities or getting stuck in, nor showing appetite for a battle ill happily be wrong on that but i think that irkes moyes. Howard isnt a top goalkeeper i dont care what anyone says hes average with a really poor temprement. Although everyones balmiing the defence i disagree the problems in the midfeild for me, Ossie is a good player but shouldnt be an automatic starter, nor should Neville, Hibbert, im not criticising those players but the roles within the team and club Moyes is asking them to fill is just beyond their capability.

Big question marks for me over-

Ossie
Yak
Neville
Hibbert

Status
Not open for further replies.