Which summer signings were a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tim cahill

Player Valuation: £50m
Like many on here, I was quite happy with the signings we were making in the summer. Looking at our performances since, we obviously could have spent better, but which of the signings do you think were a mistake?

I'm going to go with Klassen. Signing him as well as Sigurdsson just seems like a waste of £24m and should have gone towards a CF instead.

To be fair they could aall come good with the right manager, they were good players at their previous clubs and haven't turned into bad players overnight, if most were Koemans pick he did an ok job there. But that's where his OK job ended he is a 100% useless manager for Everton totally the wrong choice, Martinez showed promise and had something likeable about him, Koeman doesn't have non of that it's as if he wants to do his job and be as far away as possible from Everton as he can, I know that doesn't make sense but the way he does things and talks it seems to be all done at a distance. Players aren't the problem it's a manager that can't manage them.

Realistically the only "bad" signing has to be Klaasen or Sigurdsson. By the process that we'd signed Klaasen early doors, you'd have to say Sigurdsson.

We clearly didn't need another "10", yet actively pursued Sigurdsson all summer.

Whichever way you look at it, £25-45m was wasted.

Keane, Pickford will improve with a steadier defence.

Can Sandro really be considered a "bad" signing for £5m? He can only get better and if not, it was a gamble which didn't work, but isn't exactly £45m wasted is t?

Cuco does a job, but when you leave the ground thinking, "Cuco wasn't that bad there", it shows how bad we are.

Vlasic is looking handy, and don't get me started on Oumar. lol

I don't think any are bad signings other than Martina. They're all good players that any other team below the top 6 would love to have signed. The problem is they're being forced to play in a negative system with no focal point, no width and no plan. Unless something incredible happens between now and Christmas which looks unlikely as Koeman doesn't appear to give a crap & the players look like they've given up on him, not getting a striker in will cost us a top half finish let alone a top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.