Which Merseyside district produces most Everton players;

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was funny as a child how many local first division division players both blue and red lived and had small businesses local to me. Jimmy Husband lived I think it was in Portrush street Tuebrook, Derek Temple had the PO at old Roan, Peter thompson had the filling station (was it Oakfield Road) and a sweet shop in Clubmoor.....I remember seeing him and booing when he'd show up in his 1970 World Cup Cortina Mk2. lol lol My old fella used to drink with Joe Royles Grandad in the Broadway Conservative club too and get all the inside stories.

A story I've told before...I was seeing a girl from the Old Roan and we used to drink in St Philomenas Club. One night I went for a jimmy and found myself standing at the stalls between Alex Young and Jimmy Gabriel. Says The GV..'Whats it like having a **** between to Scottish Internationalists?" and says Gabriel, "Played for Scotland, have ye, wee Alex?"
And sure...used to buy stamps off Shirley Temple at the Old Roan. Temple had indirectly smashed my aunties chandelier to pieces, when I jumped up and punched the air when he got the winner in 66.

Let’s all take time to remember that Billinge’s finest, Leon Osman, made his England appearances while he was taking part in Movember, making all photos of his games utterly ridiculous.

That's right. Gerald Tansey also from Sillys. Quite a mix from the Vauxhall area the red shyte had Jimmy Melia and Bobby Campbell (former Chelsea manager) who were from St Anthony's.
Don’t forget Jimmy Tansey, Gerry’s brother, Jimmy played in that 0-4 cup game when they beat us in the cup, 1955 I think, just getting over it!!!

I'm too young to know who played for the first team! Forgot Lawrie Carberry (played for Ipswich)
Yes a great fella Laurie, not sure if he went to Silly’s or St. Anthony’s, I used to have a drink with him in Ned Kelly’s in Victoria St. Not many people would have known, drinkers in there, that Laurie had won the 3rd. division, 2nd. division and 1st. division titles with Ipswich Town, a quiet man who worked on the docks after retiring from football. Alf Ramsay paid Laurie a marvellous tribute after his retirement, he said “ There were only three or four people from the football world that I would have invited to my house, Laurie Carberry was one of them”. He was indeed a very genuine man and lovely company.

....an update based on additional information and comments;

Norris Green/Croxteth/West Derby; 11 players, 1,832 appearances, 5 full internationals.
Joe Royle: Wayne Rooney: Franny Jeffers: Tommy Wright: Tony Grant: Paul Lodge: Mick Lyons: Tom Davies: Brian Labone: Aiden Maher: Tony Thomas.

Walton/Kirkdale (Scotland Rd); 10 players, 1,102 appearances, 1 full international.
Dave Watson: Jonjoe Kenny: Bill Kenny (snr): Bill Kenny (jnr): John Bailey: Johnny Morrissey: Neil Robinson: Jimmy Tansey: Michael Gannon: Eddie Youds.

Prescot/Huyton/Dovecot; 10 players, 1,039 appearances, 2 full internationals.
Peter Reid: Derek Temple: Tony Hibbert: George Telfer: Connor McAleney: Mark Ward: Gary Jones: Geoff Nulty: Tyias Browning: Ian Bishop (Cantril Farm).

Wirral; 8 players, 1,010 appearances, 1 full international.
Paul Bracewell: John Ebbrell: Roy Parnell: George Sharples: Brian Harris: Derek Mountfield: John King: Jimmy Harris.

Southport/Formby/Crosby; 6 players, 376 appearances, 3 full internationals.
Michael Ball: Jack Rodwell: Victor Anichebe: Martin Hodge: PeterClarke: Stuart Rimmer.

Bootle/Fazakerley/Litherland; 8 players, 512 appearances, 1 full international.
Colin Harvey: Jose Baxter: Callum Connolly: Frank Darcy: Andy Rankin: Ian Marshall: Stuart Barlow: Anthony Gordon.

Kirkby; 3 players, 516 appearances, 2 full internationals.
Leighton Baines: Alan Stubbs: Peter Scott.

Childwall/Halewood; 4 players, 283 appearances, 2 full internationals.
Steve McMahon: David Johnson: Dave Jones: Phil Jevons.

Wavertree/Old Swan; 3 players, 299 games, 1 full international.
Terry Darracott: Ross Barkley: Peter Billing.

Garston/Speke; 3 players, 300 appearances, 1 full international.
John Gidman: Albert Dunlop: Kevin McLeod.

Skelmersdale; 1 player, 252 appearances, 1 full international.
Leon Osman.

Everton L4/L5: 2 players, 56 appearances.
Ronnie Goodlass: Archie Styles.

Aigburth/Toxteth; 6 players, 314 appearances.
Cliff Marshall: Michael Branch: Alan Wilson; Steve Sargent; Mike Newell: Gary Abblett.

Ormskirk; 2 players, 3 appearances.
Kieran Dowell: Darren Oldroyd.

St Helens; 1 player, 16 appearances.
Kevin Langley.

No defining precedent to put the following in a particular area;
Billy Wright (166 appearances): Alan Harper (103): Neil Moore (6): Harry Bennett (1).

Apologies in advance for any glaring ommisions/errors. Interesting but a bit of fun.

Neil Moore section mentions he lived so close to the ground if that helps?

Status
Not open for further replies.