Which managerial sacking was the biggest mistake?

Who should we have kept on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted for Silva because he had a fair bit of bad luck during his time here, rather than full incompetence like the other managers in the list.

That Leicester game broke him, though. The VAR overturned Ian Nacho winner at the death - it still haunts me. From that into the Liverpool game (5-2) and that was for him.

Shame, it could have been very different with luck on his side. But he had to go, we were 18th I think.

Koeman

Finished 7th, after a 6th and 7th finish with Southampton.

He wasn’t likeable, but we wouldn’t have gone down under him.

He started badly in his 2nd season at Southampton and turned it around.

We were playing terribly though and had slipped into the bottom 3, so I can understand the decision.

The most telling thing in all this mess is that 6 managers all either on the rise at the time of employment or with vast experience in the game couldn't get a tune out of this team, certainly isn't a manager issue I've defended Frank but it's getting to the point where its becoming obvious he's gonna go. Just don't expect the replacement to fix the issue cause the problems run deep.

Has to be Big Sam.

Only one not to be sacked for results on the pitch.
We thought we were too good for someone like him but look at us now.

Given his results and short time at the club you would have to say Sam. I think it’s mad that in the negotiations we offered him £6m to just do to the end of the season and he would only sign a 2 year deal for £12m, then we sacked him at the end of the season anyway. It was idiotic of the board, particularly that we gave him money to spend on Walcott and Tosun, which no manager since really used.
At the moment we look like a club going down, if you look at big clubs that have been relegated in the past, many of them have been like us, changing the manager each year, signing random players for big fees with no plan, no leadership

I don't think sacking any of them was necessarily a mistake, but Silva was probably the unluckiest of the lot - he was victim of a poor transfer window from Brands (wanted Zouma, ended up with nobody. Gueye was sold and his replacement was Gbamin. Wanted an experienced striker - think Mandzukic was the one he really wanted - to help ease the burden on Calvert-Lewin and Brands signed Moise Kean) and he then got really unlucky with injuries too - Gbamin being the worst example.

By the end things had spiralled into toxicity, but I don't blame Silva for all of it. It doesn't surprise me at all that he's doing ok at Fulham, he's a decent manager.

The rest of them I don't think there's much debate to be had

What I would say though is that if/when Lampard goes, the most obvious candidate by a million miles as things stand is the return of Bobby Brown Shoes given the circumstances

Status
Not open for further replies.