Which club shirt would you rather buy/wear ?

Which club shirt would you buy and wear ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyC

Staff member
Everton have once again made a betting company their main shirt sponsor.
In so doing, the club has contradicted the suggestion from the CEO at the last Philharmonic Hall AGM that in an ideal world the club would note wish to be associated with betting companies.
Setting aside all the ethical and morality questions - the question is would you rather buy and wear an (old style) unsponsored shirt or one emblazoned with a betting company ?

Attachments

• Blank Shirt.jpg
    Blank Shirt.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Stake Shirt.jpg
    Stake Shirt.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 146

Everton have once again made a betting company their main shirt sponsor.
In so doing, the club has contradicted the suggestion from the CEO at the last Philharmonic Hall AGM that in an ideal world the club would note wish to be associated with betting companies.
Setting aside all the ethical and morality questions - the question is would you rather buy and wear an (old style) unsponsored shirt or one emblazoned with a betting company ?

You kinda hit it there though. We don't operate in an ideal footballing world so this was a must.

All day every day I am not a billboard and would always prefer no sponsorship. If I really like the shirt and don't mind the sponsor I might make exceptions - but even if we have the best shirt ever designed this year, and go on to win something and it becomes iconic - I still would never buy one if it advertises something I object to - like gambling.

The question is about being sponsored by a betting company
The point still stands though, the one with the gambling sponsor looks better in my opinion so that is what I would go for (obviously need to see the new kit first).

I am not bothered about the morality side of it really, a morality crusade in football is worthless. It's a corrupt business ran by dodgy people populated with clubs ran by dodgy people. Us taking a stand would be a drop in the ocean.

Shirt with sponsor looks much better than plain we're sponsored by a betting company in a ideal world we would be sponsored by snowflakes are us for a billion pound but unfortunately its football and not an ideal world so lets move on with it. Club got the best money it could in current situation people would be happy with a alcohol company on the front I've been affected by alcohol in my life by someone close to me I've personally had issues with gambling myself but everton putting it as a sponsor on our shirt is not the issue im actually happy we've taken a huge sum of money off them. The main issue is how these companies are allowed to operate paying next to no taxes and also using peoples personal data and tracking there daily habits to target them. Stake also mainly deal with crypto deposits although here in uk it is fiat deposits they use. Club cant do right for doing wrong can we not just look forward to the start of the season without moaning about something?

Status
Not open for further replies.