Which capitulation was the worst?

They were all pretty terrible really, but which one reaaally pissed you off?

• 3-3 vs Bournemouth (a)

Votes: 61 24.6%
  • 3-4 vs Stoke (h)

Votes: 37 14.9%
  • 3-3 vs Chelsea (a)

Votes: 31 12.5%
  • 2-3 vs West Ham (h)

Votes: 119 48.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Player Valuation: £35m
Frightening (and well documented) how often we've clawed ourselves back into games and then proceeded to bottle it somehow. I've not known a season like it. We play some great football, control games when we want to, but have the mentality of an under 5s team. We've been screwed over by refs, repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot with mistake after mistake, we've made some appalling tactical decisions, but which one has ruined your weekend the most? And how many more times will we see it happen again this season?

I would say the West Ham game, but it was painfully predictable what was coming after the penalty miss, and we were a man down. Chelsea was some corrupt officiating. Bournemouth was the result of over exuberant celebrating.

So my vote goes to that Stoke capitulation in December, which had it all - terrible refereeing, awful managerial decisions, individual errors and the feeling that we were still the better team.

Frightening (and well documented) how often we've clawed ourselves back into games and then proceeded to bottle it somehow. I've not known a season like it. We play some great football, control games when we want to, but have the mentality of an under 5s team. We've been screwed over by refs, repeatedly shot ourselves in the foot with mistake after mistake, we've made some appalling tactical decisions, but which one has ruined your weekend the most? And how many more times will we see it happen again this season?

I would say the West Ham game, but it was painfully predictable what was coming after the penalty miss, and we were a man down. Chelsea was some corrupt officiating. Bournemouth was the result of over exuberant celebrating.

So my vote goes to that Stoke capitulation in December, which had it all - terrible refereeing, awful managerial decisions, individual errors and the feeling that we were still the better team.

Nah. We were 2-0 up and cruising until the last 10 minutes, and we had 11 men on the pitch then.

Definitely the worst of the lot for me, we collapsed twice in one game.

upload_2016-3-6_13-50-11.png

Love a positive thread

GOT always reminds me of those adverts where there is a need to restore the "clever-dumb balance" only on here its the neg-pos balance.

We all knew there had been far too much happy slappy stuff going on with the promise of loads of cash so it would appear here we are back to normal!

For me it was yesterdays because of that added aspect of the 10 men for the majority of the game - when Lennon scored the second the sense of pride and belief was raised to unexpected levels and a though generated that perhaps we had at last turned the corner - only to be beaten back into misery and despair.

Status
Not open for further replies.