Where will we finish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebbiolo

Valuation: £108 million
It's that time when it isn't that difficult to have a decent stab at predicting how things are to pan out this season. To be honest, a couple of months ago I was a little bit depressed about our chances. The manager looked less than committed, the playing staff seemed totally beret of confidence and we'd just been dumped out of the UEFA at the first hurdle. Now, though, I'm more optimistic and things on the pitch, and off it, are vastly improved. I believe our main rivals are Arsenal and Villa. I can't really think of anyone else that will challenge us now. Tottenham seemed a good bet a short time ago, but the team has reverted to type now.

This is how the PL will end in my opinion:

1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Everton (UEFA)
6. Aston Villa (UEFA)

Relegated:

18. Portsmouth (a feeling)
19. Stoke
20. West Bromwich

I just can't see us finishing below 6th place, but I'm also sure that Villa will soon begin to lose a few matches. So I guess 5th place is up for grabs. I don't think we'll finish 4th, though. In saying that, I reckon we'll finish no more than 6 points from it. So the possibility remains and it should be Moyes' target position.

COYBB and let's make this another great year. ;)

I think we'll go toe to toe with Villa for 5th place right up untill may, hard to seperate us really

In our favour, we've got the more settled squad. MON has built quite rapidly recently so I think when things begin to get tight, they're more likely to buckle. A lot also depends on Arsenal as well. I've believed all season that the club was just one game away from reasserting itself. But things are still [Poor language removed] there. Imagine a season ago Evertonians flippantly talking about the coming Arsenal game being one of the easier games we have. It just wouldn't have happened. Mind you, I still rate "blind-man" Wenger as a manager. If he can get over the coming months relatively scratch free, Arsenal will push on with ease. But given a bad run of luck now ...

You can't be doing that, even if the RS were 15 points clear at xmas i'd still have them down to narrowly miss out on the CL:D Imagine the stick i'll get if they do win, please god no

Well Utd and Chelsea need to start picking up points and the scum need to start dropping them, i was hoping this StevieGLaaaaaar [Poor language removed] would hamper them, but its all blown over fairly quickly.

1. RS Scum
2. Man Utd
3. Chelski
4. Arse
5. Villa (UEFA)
6. Everton(UEFA)

Dont hate me and i pray i am wrong.

I'm praying hard here about them not winning it(n)

It's not easy to predict how we will go for rest of season, we leaked goals all over at start of season when we had everyone fit, now we look solid and are scoring goals without any strikers:huh:

I think/hope villa may struggle with their lack of attacking options, will be surprised if we are not going after same strikers on loan as them this month

For us best 5th
worst 10th - onlt cos it's so tight this season

I think top 6 definately. Whether we can get 5th depends on what Villa do in the January window I think. They're showing signs of buckling at the moment but could add reinforcements.

Doing the predictor thing on BBC...I got:

1) Man Utd - 96
2) Liverpool - 89
3) Chelsea - 81
4) Arsenal - 75
5) Aston Villa - 72
6) Everton - 72

18) Sunderland - 28
19) West Brom - 27
20) Stoke - 21

That is using 1-0, 0-0 and 0-1 though - so goal difference isnt exactly correct. Also i havnt taken into account man citys spending spree either.

Well Utd and Chelsea need to start picking up points and the scum need to start dropping them, i was hoping this StevieGLaaaaaar [Poor language removed] would hamper them, but its all blown over fairly quickly.

He's in court January 23rd. Not exactly 'blown over'. I doubt we'll see the box-headed tvvat in a Guantanamo boilersuit like, but it'll be something they could have done without. Every little helps. ;)

1. Manchester United
2. Redshite
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Everton
6. Aston Villa

18. Hull City
19. Sunderland
20. West Bromwich Albion :(

Think we'll edge out Villa in the end and United will beat the [Poor language removed] in the title race. Having watched Sunderland against Everton, I believe they're in serious trouble. Also I do expect Hull Citty in a freefall, as their bubble looks to have burst

1. Manchester United
2. Redshite
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Everton
6. Aston Villa

18. Hull City
19. Sunderland
20. West Bromwich Albion :(

Think we'll edge out Villa in the end and United will beat the [Poor language removed] in the title race. Having watched Sunderland against Everton, I believe they're in serious trouble. Also I do expect Hull Citty in a freefall, as their bubble looks to have burst

It's difficult to tell with Hull. I agree that the club will probably end up in freefall but the team has chalked up a decent amount of points (27). In a normal season you would think another 12 points or so would probably see Hull safe. But this season I can imagine a club going down on 40 or even 42 points. So it could well be Hull.

Feeling a bit hazy today, not sure how much of an effect January transfer window has on the teams' fortunes. trying to remember signings which have changed things round. Impression I have is that it happens, but more at the other end of the table for some reason.
Not sure. not committing myself on this one. I hate New year's day.
Haven't we signed anyone yet?

Moyes out

Status
Not open for further replies.