Votes: 265 33.5%
  • Top 10

Votes: 315 39.8%
  • Bottom half

Votes: 47 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs is a dodgy one because they didn’t play well at all last week but managed to win the game. Although they aren’t going well as such it’s an away game which I would say 7 times out of ten we lose. Leicester at home is harder then the Utd game but still could get a result
Like our last two wins. So all we have to do is play worse than them to beat them ;)

Was confident of top 7 until them utter no marks Bournemouth slipped up before- makes me think with our fixture list compared to those around us its 7th at best but even that will take a massive run of good form.

Just a shame that dour tit Silva ended our season before Xmas.

Best to review this after the next 2 games as I think we'll know more after these - anything less than 4 points and I cant see anything but 8th-9th.

Was confident of top 7 until them utter no marks Bournemouth slipped up before- makes me think with our fixture list compared to those around us its 7th at best but even that will take a massive run of good form.

Just a shame that dour tit Silva ended our season before Xmas.

Best to review this after the next 2 games as I think we'll know more after these - anything less than 4 points and I cant see anything but 8th-9th.
So, if we were to get 3 points from 2, or 1.5 ppm, it would show we will drop spots, despite the fact that 1.5ppm is good enough for 5th right now?

I dont get people sometimes.

So, if we were to get 3 points from 2, or 1.5 ppm, it would show we will drop spots, despite the fact that 1.5ppm is good enough for 5th right now?

I dont get people sometimes.

Simply put our fixture list is more difficult than those around us (and a much worse GD pretty much gives us -1 as if we are level with any team around us we'll drop below on GD).

Spurs are 1 above with a game in hand to a Poor Villa side

Sheff Utd are 3 above (with +8 GD)

Utd and Wolves are 1 point below both with a game in hand and superior GD.

our next 4 include Arsenal and Chelsea away in which we never win and the derby which we'll be lucky if we come away with a point.

Come the end of these next 4 fixtures we still have Spurs, Wolves & Sheff utd away from home which gives them the advantage & a tough Leicester side at home.

I think anything less than 7-8 points out of the next 4 games and we'll just fall short unless the teams around us all go on poor runs of form.

Simply put our fixture list is more difficult than those around us (and a much worse GD pretty much gives us -1 as if we are level with any team around us we'll drop below on GD).

Spurs are 1 above with a game in hand to a Poor Villa side

Sheff Utd are 3 above (with +8 GD)

Utd and Wolves are 1 point below both with a game in hand and superior GD.

our next 4 include Arsenal and Chelsea away in which we never win and the derby which we'll be lucky if we come away with a point.

Come the end of these next 4 fixtures we still have Spurs, Wolves & Sheff utd away from home which gives them the advantage & a tough Leicester side at home.

I think anything less than 7-8 points out of the next 4 games and we'll just fall short unless the teams around us all go on poor runs of form.
But the table is based on math. You are ranked according to the number of points you end up with, not according to the woulda/coulda/shoulda's and speculation. 5th place right now is 1.5 ppm over the past 26 matches. If we get 1.5ppm over our next 4 matches, our only difficult stretch left, that would not only be good, but would be more points than all but one of our 6 closest competitors have had over their last 4 matches(SheffU has 7). You seem to be putting an unreasonable bar for us to adhere to that isnt based on what has actually happened over our main competitors 150+ combined matches. If the 6 of them were actually good enough to get 2 ppm then they would all be on 50+ points, not at 35ish.

But the table is based on math. You are ranked according to the number of points you end up with, not according to the woulda/coulda/shoulda's and speculation. 5th place right now is 1.5 ppm over the past 26 matches. If we get 1.5ppm over our next 4 matches, our only difficult stretch left, that would not only be good, but would be more points than all but one of our 6 closest competitors have had over their last 4 matches(SheffU has 7). You seem to be putting an unreasonable bar for us to adhere to that isnt based on what has actually happened over our main competitors 150+ combined matches. If the 6 of them were actually good enough to get 2 ppm then they would all be on 50+ points, not at 35ish.

I wouldn't go that deep mate - all the math in the world doesnt account for our shocking away form at Chelsea/Arsenal and our poor derby form.

Just need 7 wins I reckon and we’ll be in Europe. 6 home games left which I think if we can win 4 minimum and then beat the likes of Norwich, Wolves, Sheff U away whilst not losing the other games we’ll be sound. It’s not beyond the realms of possible. UTFT

Status
Not open for further replies.