Where are they now? Everton's Class of 92

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerbyshireAndHarper

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Everyone knows about the Man Utd Class of 92, but what about Everton's Class of 92?

The following players were in our Academy (then YTS/Lancashire League team):

Drew Bayley
Chilton Coy - Now a Product Manager for Covidien, a Medical Supplies company: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chilton-coy-bb498493
John Doolan - Part of the Everton Under 18s coaching staff
Craig Dulson
David Gouldstone
Iain Jenkins
Billy Kenny - http://toffeeweb.com/season/14-15/comment/fan/28056.html
Eddie Langton
Michael McDonough
Alasdair Monk
Neil Moore
Barry Norris
John O'Neill
Chris Priest
Mark Sharrock
Paul Smith
Brendan Turner
David Unsworth - Everton Under 23s Head Coach
Ian Walsh
David Wilson
Kenny Woods

Obviously Unsworth is the name that stands out, and perhaps John Doolan (EFC U18s coach, not to be confused with Alan Stubb's assistant manager at Rotherham, who shares the same name, it's a different person), but what of the rest? Post below if you have any info on the remaining players, what happened to them and where they are now.

Last edited:
Chris priest is now the pope

LOL! He's one of the few I've had a lead on.

Apparently he holds the distinction of scoring the final Football League goal of the 20th Century for Macclesfield Town in Dec 1999.
He went on to play for Chester City and Colwyn Bay, and now manages a Sunday League team called Newhall Rovers.

Apparently he holds the distinction of scoring the final Football League goal of the 20th Century for Macclesfield Town in Dec 1999.
He went on to play for Chester City and Colwyn Bay, and now manages a Sunday League team called Newhall Rovers.
yeah I remember he played for Chester

John Doolan 1974 (18 in 1992) still with Everton Youth as coach (I know him) - also coached and played for Southport and others.

John Doolan 1968 (23-4 in 1992) is the one with Alan Stubbs

John Doolan 1974 (18 in 1992) still with Everton Youth as coach (I know him) - also coached and played for Southport and others.

John Doolan 1968 (23-4 in 1992) is the one with Alan Stubbs

Yeah, as I wrote above, it's a bit confusing, but the one listed above is the 1974 John Doolan who is still at the club as an U18s coach.

The 1968 Doolan who is now Stubbs assistant at Rotherham left Everton in March 1992 to join Wigan.

Just goes to show, bearing in mind every football club could probably have a list of players from 1992 that now drive cabs, that young footballers are like the turtles eggs on the beach. Only a few reach the sea.

Wow. There were no goals scored in the year 2000?

Everyone knows about the Man Utd Class of 92, but what about Everton's Class of 92?

The following players were in our Academy (then YTS/Lancashire League team):

Drew Bayley
Chilton Coy - Now a Product Manager for Covidien, a Medical Supplies company: https://uk.linkedin.com/in/chilton-coy-bb498493
John Doolan - Part of the Everton Under 18s coaching staff
Craig Dulson
David Gouldstone
Iain Jenkins
Billy Kenny - http://toffeeweb.com/season/14-15/comment/fan/28056.html
Eddie Langton
Michael McDonough
Alasdair Monk
Neil Moore
Barry Norris
John O'Neill
Chris Priest
Mark Sharrock
Paul Smith
Brendan Turner
David Unsworth - Everton Under 23s Head Coach
Ian Walsh
David Wilson
Kenny Woods

Obviously Unsworth is the name that stands out, and perhaps John Doolan (EFC U18s coach, not to be confused with Alan Stubb's assistant manager at Rotherham, who shares the same name, it's a different person), but what of the rest? Post below if you have any info on the remaining players, what happened to them and where they are now.

Post 56 on the Billy Kenny link really sticks out...was he that much of a horrible creature?

Status
Not open for further replies.