When will we win the Premier League?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Eoghain Blue

Player Valuation: £500k
Now that Liverpool are on the cusp of the title, and we have not won anything in 25 years, I have started to believe that I will never see us actually win a Premier League championship. I just completed Man City's documentary on Netflix, as i watched them lift the trophy and observed the joy and delight on the fans faces, I had the horrible sinking feeling that I will never have that experience, and watch us win anything. I was too young in the 80's to recall the glory years. Interested to hear your thoughts

Now that Liverpool are on the cusp of the title, and we have not won anything in 25 years, I have started to believe that I will never see us actually win a Premier League championship. I just completed Man City's documentary on Netflix, as i watched them lift the trophy and observed the joy and delight on the fans faces, I had the horrible sinking feeling that I will never have that experience, and watch us win anything. I was too young in the 80's to recall the glory years. Interested to hear your thoughts

We won't see it again mate.

Give up togger, save yourself the pain ;)

We might never. Even if we get competitive you have to get some breaks to actually win the thing.

When will we get competitive is a better question. I think absolute best case is we could push for the CL spots in 2021/22 and maybe have a shot to compete for the actual top spot in 22/23.

FFP was nothing more than the established European superpowers responding to the threat the state backed clubs of City and PSG (and Chelsea) posed to their hegemony. It came about in order to ensure their place at the top table for the future indefinitely after a couple of upstarts spoiled the ranks and the clubs got together to pull the ladder up once and for all.

In a way I feel sorry for Brands as in order for us to get anywhere near the top 4 never mind winning trophies every single signing has to be perfect and work almost immediately. Plus, we actually have to keep hold of our better players. How long can we keep Richarliaon for? We’ve got Carlo now but it’s still “knife to a gunfight” stuff with our squad. Hopefully his class will make up for the deficiencies in the squad but I don’t think it’ll be enough without amazing recruitment.

Last edited:

Lol

It wasn't that long ago that Liverpool were finishing 7th with Jay Spearing in midfield. Sheffield United were in League 1 three seasons ago and may well qualify for the champions league this year. Leicester won it just a couple of seasons ago and are set for their second CL qualification in four years.

I don't agree with this never ending five year plan nonsense. With the right players, the right manager and the right crowd things can change very quickly in football.

Status
Not open for further replies.