When was the last time we got a last minute - or an injury time winner ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time ago but I recall memorable late goals in Moyes first full season in 2002/03. Rooney v Arsenal and Aston Villa. Radzinski v Man City and Southampton.Three of them winners, one of them an equalizer and all at home.

Used to get them regularly in the Moyes era. A 2-1 win at home to spurs stands out with goals from pienaar and jelavic. And then saha at west ham with a double to win 3-1 I think it was. Used to happen all the time. Cahill and arteta to make It 3-3 at home to man utd. Anichebe away to west Brom. Osman away to west brom

Points to fitness for me, say what you like about Moyes, but he had his team's far fitter than any of ours in the last four years and with smaller squads.

Honestly think it was the Watford 3-2, but even then there was like 10 years of added time so it was the equivalent of bagging in the 75th-80th min.

We beat Wolves this season 3-2, Richarlison got the winner about the 80th, closest we've got to a late winner this season. Same could be said for DCL against Burnley too I suppose.

I can't remember the last time I honestly liked an Everton team. Individual players? Sure there's been a couple i didn't mind but teams you'd have to go back at least a decade before I could mention an Everton team that I honestly liked.

2007/2008 team the last one I really enjoyed watching over the past 20 years, 2nd place the 2013/2014 team, however even that side was tarnished by the 0-4 at Anfield that season

We had more last minute goals against us under moyes.

I know it was over a long time but off the top of my head:

02/03Unsworth Birmingham, Rooney Arsenal, Rooney Villa, Radzinski Southampton, and Radzinski City.

04/05: Cahill Portsmouth, Osman Portsmouth, Osman Southampton, Ferguson Birmingham, Bent Southampton.

06/07: Johnson Arsenal, Mcfadden Charlton, Cahill Chelsea.

07/08: Carsley and Vaughan Birmingham

08/09: Cahill Stoke, Cahill Liverpool, Gosling Liverpool.

09/10: Baines Wigan, Cahill Spurs and Billy Portsmouth.

10/11: Cahill and Arteta United, Beckford Bolton, Baines Chelsea.

Some great memories there. Definitely more but they are the ones that stand out for me. We don't seem to have had as many over recent years.

We scored an injury time winner at Bournemouth a couple of years back ...( then gave up an even later injury time equalizer in classic EFC fashion ! )

I know it was over a long time but off the top of my head:

02/03Unsworth Birmingham, Rooney Arsenal, Rooney Villa, Radzinski Southampton, and Radzinski City.

04/05: Cahill Portsmouth, Osman Portsmouth, Osman Southampton, Ferguson Birmingham, Bent Southampton.

06/07: Johnson Arsenal, Mcfadden Charlton, Cahill Chelsea.

07/08: Carsley and Vaughan Birmingham

08/09: Cahill Stoke, Cahill Liverpool, Gosling Liverpool.

09/10: Baines Wigan, Cahill Spurs and Billy Portsmouth.

10/11: Cahill and Arteta United, Beckford Bolton, Baines Chelsea.

Some great memories there. Definitely more but they are the ones that stand out for me. We don't seem to have had as many over recent years.
Cor, that is some memory
I just remember moyes being 1-0 up and doing a Carlo, sub attackers for defenders and backs to the wall for the remainder of the game.

Never mind when did we get a last minute winner just read that we have let 7 goals in this season after 90 minutes thats after 90 minutes not the last few minutes but after 90!!!! ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.