What's the plan? (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plan is to give Ancellotti freedom to run the club as he wants for the foreseeable future. He decides who stays and who goes and he decides who comes in.

The supporters get behind him and accept there will be bumps in the road. The players learn to accept the responsibility they have to maintain high standards when they walk onto the pitch wearing our colours.

We get better gradually and cease to be a retirement home for middle of the road top flight players.
I'm not sure that it is. I think he has great say, but other people including Brands will have their say too. The best we can hope for is that they're able to work it out together.

I still maintain that we will go down this decade and this time period will be looked back on as the crucial time period where it all unravelled. We’ve brought terrible personalities in for a while now and got lucky with the odd really good player thats bailed us out. It seems very likely to me that eventually we won’t find enough of those good ones and that will be it.

People will say we’re too good/rich etc but at the end of the day we play and are run more like the teams at the bottom than the ones at the top.
There is definitely a bit of Sunderland about us isn't there?

This will takes at least two seasons to sort out probably longer.

to many spineless clowns on the squad, I just hope Carlo has the last day on who we sign to avoid getting the Klassen and Bolasie’s of this world on large contracts

I'd like to see us implement a recruitment condition I've just invented called "The 1v1 Test". Basically, any potential signing we're looking at has to go one versus one against our best players. If they don't win their fair share, they don't sign. Say it's a defender and they get ripped by Richarlison nine times out of 10, we don't sign them. If it's an attacker and they struggle to beat Mason Holgate, no thanks.

Obviously this is a ridiculous idea and won't happen, but it's representative of an actual point about the side that I've thought was the case since Barkley left: we have very few players I would back in a one v one situation, either attacking or defending. It's a generally decent indicator of how good your team is, and judging by my personal opinion of how these imaginary scenarios would go down, we are very, very poor.

There is definitely a bit of Sunderland about us isn't there?
There is mate I just think we’ve cultivated a certain acceptance of failure and it’s not that we’re a few poor transfers away from a huge decline because we make those every season it’s that we’re a few lucky transfers away and I can really see that luck running out

The plan must be, now we have a top class manager is to give him enough time to build a top team capable of challenging for the premiership title.
This will take time & there will be ups & downs along the way, it's a big job & will not be done overnight.
Ancelotti will probably build from 442 to begin with but may need to adapt along the way, successful teams in the premiership play a high press attacking game with lots of energy getting the ball back & keeping possesion.

The plan must be, now we have a top class manager is to give him enough time to build a top team capable of challenging for the premiership title.
This will take time & there will be ups & downs along the way, it's a big job & will not be done overnight.
Ancelotti will probably build from 442 to begin with but may need to adapt along the way, successful teams in the premiership play a high press attacking game with lots of energy getting the ball back & keeping possesion.

I see you are coming to terms with us getting rid of Davies then @marcus

I see you are coming to terms with us getting rid of Davies then @marcus

Yes if we can get better players & improve our team, we must move forward to progress I am with you on that...

But currently Ancelotti s assessing our squad & will be evaluating the quality of the players & adjust accordingly during the next few seasons...

The point I was making is I think Davies will be there next season at least in some capacity...

I would love to see us have a top quality midfield capable of high press & high energy with an eye for goals, but it may take a few more years yet...

The plan is to mix Usmanov's cash with Carlo Ancelotti and create a strong football team. Everyone and everything else is irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.