What's the overall plan - manager and squad?

How long do we give the next guy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should've put Sack every season until we get it right, for that last option.

And that's fine you pick that but how do we manage the huge outlay for wages if we keep doing that. Then instability with the players. Then don't you think it becomes more difficult to convince a decent manager to join if they know they'll be out the door quick sharp if it doesn't start off right?

Also youre judging Solsjkaer on a couple of months with a good squad. There is no guarantee he is the perfect fit. Could be, but we simply can't know in such short time. I bloody hope so tho, as a strong Man U helps keep them lot in check!
im basing oles run of 14 straight wins... if that isn't proof enough that he knows how to get that team firing then I dunno what is.

marco could probly match him, if you swapped the winning for losing..

Whilst we don't have any god given right to finish in the top 4 or even the top 6, I honestly feel we should at a minimum always be in the top 10. I really don't think thats too much to ask or should be too difficult a task to accomplish for any competent manager. It should really be the minimum standard for our club and therefore if a manager finishes in the bottom half of the table I would be inclined to say that they aren't good enough. Even in a manager's first season he should be able to get us into the top 10, "transitional" season or not. When I see us below West Ham and Watford, level on points with Bournemouth, I just bow my head in disgust. That's a general picture as well, when you examine certain individual games the case against him becomes even more damning.

I would add to this that when people say they're happy so long as the football is better (i;e Silva vs Big Sam) I would generally agree with that- but if it doesn't amount to anything tangible (climbing the table, going deep in cup competitions) you end up just like Bournemouth, playing some pretty stuff, well regarded by the media but really you're just spinning your wheels and not going anywhere. That's not good enough for us. That's not a defence for Big Sam either, he was a slug who played abysmal football. Personally I've had a long held belief that a Simeone type (just Simeone really but it'll never happen) is the perfect manager for us. Plays decent enough stuff but has the balls and mentality to go up against the big boys, being pragmatic when necessary. Some people may say it's a bit of a "small time" mentality, but honestly I'm happy to revel in our status as outsiders and underdogs. We haven't done anything to justify the media or the football world viewing us as a big club in a long time. The club and the board talk a big game, but our actions on the pitch don't reflect any of it.

Moyes used to try and garner the spirit of the underdog, but the problem with Moyes was that he hardly ever won any big games to change the depiction of Everton to the wider footballing world. When he said we were the underdog it felt like a justification for losing big games we weren't expected to win, not as a rallying call to go and knock out Ivan Drago. It's a problem that exists in the club as a whole though. Look at just this season, at some of the results teams around our level have had away from home to top 6 sides. We get a few jabs in and maybe bloody a nose a little but it never results in a victory. Simeone took the fight to Real and Barca and has managed in intervals to topple that Duopoly. We need a figure like that and I just don't think Silva has the stomach or ability to do it.

I think a possible Simeone type or a Moyes Plus option would fail under option 3.....and might still need patience to get things going though. That could include an 11th place finish to start off. Do we sack then?

I don't think it's proof enough. No. I'd wait to see how he gets on next season.
I think they will sign a couple of defenders in the summer, get rid of sanchez and sign a top winger maybe even bale, and be right up in the mix for the prem again next year

im basing oles run of 14 straight wins... if that isn't proof enough that he knows how to get that team firing then I dunno what is.

marco could probly match him, if you swapped the winning for losing..

Also Frank you've managed to not bother discussing the main part of my post. The repercussions of sacking over and over each season. What's your thoughts on them? I know your thoughts on sacking Silva and the risk of keeping a bad manager, but this threads about the plan after.

Also Frank you've managed to not bother discussing the main part of my post. The repercussions of sacking over and over each season. What's your thoughts on them? I know your thoughts on sacking Silva and the risk of keeping a bad manager, but this threads about the plan after.
persisting with a bad manager will only compound things, and make them worse..

im sure brands , well I hope , will have some targets in mind and within budget..

if Moshiri wants to carry on 'gambling' as he put s it, with our future then he will constantly be doleing out compo to crap managers.

that's on him

I think he's going to start next season regardless

The biggest advantage he has is that there is no obvious replacement for him available

None of the top managers would come to us, so we're really down to giving someone like Arteta his first gig, bringing in a manager from a mid table or Championship side and giving him his first big job like Howe or going for an experienced manager who knows the League but probably isn't very exciting like a Moyes

If we can't guarantee to replace him with someone better, what's even the point in sacking him?

Lad, I want top six every year for the next three years and then top four for the rest of our exsistance. I want this all done by playing football better than Man City and Barcelona combined. Any manager that doesn’t achieve this instantly gets 6 months. No messin, ambition lad. If Moshiris got the money go and get Zindane from that there Madrid. AMBITION.

Let’s be honest Silva isn’t doing well but the guy needs two seasons minimum to show what he’s got. I really think people can’t actually grasp the magnitude of the complete shambles koeman/Walsh has left us in. We’re a mess, knowwhere near the top 6 and that’s the reality.
We need brands and Silva to get they’re heads down, get rid of the deadwood and get some young quality additions in. Once that’s done we can look at going further. I can only see the above taking a few seasons so unfortunately we have to just float around in mediocrity for a bit and maybe fluke a cup. It’s just one of them.
If they sack Silva at the end of the season I could see the thinking behind it but I believe they will keep him.
Who knows with Vlasic coming back, onyekuru looking good and a few decent additions it might clic next year. Our early season form suggests it can be done.

persisting with a bad manager will only compound things, and make them worse..

im sure brands , well I hope , will have some targets in mind and within budget..

if Moshiri wants to carry on 'gambling' as he put s it, with our future then he will constantly be doleing out compo to crap managers.

that's on him

But Brands targets within budget would be a gamble. They'd likely be from Option 3 no?

So if you accept that's the type of manager we are likely to go for, do you not think sacking them all in the first season starts to make even option 3 both costly and difficult?

But Brands targets within budget would be a gamble. They'd likely be from Option 3 no?

So if you accept that's the type of manager we are likely to go for, do you not think sacking them all in the first season starts to make even option 3 both costly and difficult?
its going to be very costly until we find the right fella. simple as that.

step one, get rid of mediocre marco.

step 2 .. find us a manager with some credibility..

step 3 get behind the new manager who actually knows what he is doing.

I think he's going to start next season regardless

The biggest advantage he has is that there is no obvious replacement for him available

None of the top managers would come to us, so we're really down to giving someone like Arteta his first gig, bringing in a manager from a mid table or Championship side and giving him his first big job like Howe or going for an experienced manager who knows the League but probably isn't very exciting like a Moyes

If we can't guarantee to replace him with someone better, what's even the point in sacking him?

I'd say most likely is a manager from another European league Mikey.

Everyone wants someone to build, very few want to give anyone time to build.

Rinse and repeat.

Im surprised that anyone thought our basket case, powder puff squad wasn't going to have to take a step back to take a step forward.

Three year piece of work for me to run the anti virus, if its done any quicker it will be a terrific job.

As for the squad. Its a precarious position. We have unwanted high earners on long contracts. Its not as simple as just people saying get rid, as we still have a liability on most of those transfers. If we sell below that liability we crystallise a loss that takes from transfer funds. Its why i say its a three year piece of work. Some of those unwanted players will frustratingly still be here next season. Ultimately we need to move to players U25 with a high ceiling of potential, we need to invest and invest wisely rather then spend, that is an incremental process.

The team itself needs a clear consistent strategy that is congruent. That is not the case at moment, the team is poorly built and has never gelled. There is no consistent strategy to how this team is built, its simply a collection of players signed for various different reasons by random individuals who have been at the club. We are what we look, a mismatch of a team built by five different managers with five different ideology's philosophy's and out look on the game.

The defense rests! ;)

I will happily give the right manager as much time as he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.