What's the longest you've gone without missing a game??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejected

Player Valuation: £225k
Slightly different thread and one which could end up dropping off the first page never to be seen again after your result today but I find this fascinating!!

My record at Sunderland is 4 years, NOT including pre season friendlies. The reason the run ended was my transport to Chester in the Carling Cup was stolen on the morning of the game!! That was all back in the day when I had no responsibility or ties!! Now I'm lucky to do 3 in a row!!

Any of your fans not missed a game in years and years??

I've only missed the 3-0 against Norwich since the start of last season because of a wedding. None since then.

However I did miss the last 35 minutes of the Chelsea game this season - I turned the telly off just before Hazard beat Stekelenburg at the near post.

I never missed a league or domestic cup game, home of away, between the start of the 1974/75 season and September 1981.

(and the run would have actually started sometime in the spring of the previous season)

We were home to Brighton.

And the reason I missed that game.....I was walking up the aisle :(

And the reason the wedding was on a Saturday during the football season was because the soon to be Mrs. K's brother was a priest in Africa at the time (he is still a priest but back in England these days) and nowt would do but she had him officiate at t' wedding.

And the bugger could only get off his pastoral duties every two years for a trip home and he was home that September :mad:

But of course with marriage and the children whom started arriving a year or so later put paid to getting to every game in a season :(

Mind you, I don't think I could afford to go to every game these days, even I was young, footloose and fancy free.

The price of the match ticket alone takes up a far greater percentage of one's income today than it did back then.

Not to mention the ancillary expenses like ale money and transport.

I missed a game once as I hit the garys heavy the night before and in my comedown sleep I had a vivid dream I was up dressed, travelled to the game and was watching a pure end to end classic until I woke up and realised I'd slept through most of the first half, and instead of being at the game I was in a cold sweat with a pure metallic taste in my mouth like I'd ate a set of Argos pans. In my dream Everton was winning. Think that day Everton got beat in the real world.

Not sure that belongs in here but just throwing it out there. Garys>Everton.

I missed a game once as I hit the garys heavy the night before and in my comedown sleep I had a vivid dream I was up dressed, travelled to the game and was watching a pure end to end classic until I woke up and realised I'd slept through most of the first half, and instead of being at the game I was in a cold sweat with a pure metallic taste in my mouth like I'd ate a set of Argos pans. In my dream Everton was winning. Think that day Everton got beat in the real world.

Not sure that belongs in here but just throwing it out there. Garys>Everton.
First ! 3 nil to Everton!

I've only missed the 3-0 against Norwich since the start of last season because of a wedding. None since then.

However I did miss the last 35 minutes of the Chelsea game this season - I turned the telly off just before Hazard beat Stekelenburg at the near post.

Don't think he's talking about watching the telly mate.

I once went 8 seasons without missing a home or away including pre-season tours all over the place, that was when I was a single fella though, no chance these days with 3 kids although the other half does let me go to the european aways when we qualify so I cant moan to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.