What's Our Best Worst Result Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SantaClausisanEvertonian

Player Valuation: £10m
I got to thinking after the Newcastle result, some Geordies are probably quite miffed that they beat us, on the basis that a big win for us could possibly have got Bruce sacked. This would inevitably have led to jubilation on Tyneside.
It brought to mind the day Boro whacked us 3-0 in the cup that quickly led to Walter Smith being sacked; for me that was a great day brought on by a terrible performance and result.
So Blues, what's your best worst result for The Mighty Blues?

I got to thinking after the Newcastle result, some Geordies are probably quite miffed that they beat us, on the basis that a big win for us could possibly have got Bruce sacked. This would inevitably have led to jubilation on Tyneside.
It brought to mind the day Boro whacked us 3-0 in the cup that quickly led to Walter Smith being sacked; for me that was a great day brought on by a terrible performance and result.
So Blues, what's your best worst result for The Mighty Blues?
The time we lost to City and Liverpool didn't win the league.

That Boro game you mentioned is up there,we had a huge support there that day,I remember before they kicked off all the team came over to us fist pumping giving it large that they were going to do it for us, twenty odd minutes later we were three down......oh and I got a puncture to on the A1 on the way home too ,but the blessed Walter got jettisoned afterwardslol

Back in 1958, Jimmy Harris had the misfortune to score a hat trick for Everton at Spurs, only for his team to be on the wrong end of a10:4 hammering. I was at school in those days and one of the popular tv shows was an American cop show ‘Highway Patrol’. Every time one of the cops got a message from control on his car radio he responded with “ ten four”. You can only imagine the next 6 months in the school playground with all the redskin kids shouting ten four at us.

Status
Not open for further replies.