What's needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efcgaz83

Player Valuation: £225k
So it all went downhill from the start of the premier league, we robbed 95! I was there at the age of 11.

So my question is why is the mentallity of the club so wrong? Was it due to us missing the boat I.e city, Chelsea an the likes.

You can imagine drama bill meeting new staff an players in his Shakespeare outfit dramatising the fact the last time the club lifted a trophy.

So is it from the very very top we need to try? But haven't we had a big change over the past 5-6 years? City came from a long way back when they where relegated down to the old div2 which would of been 3 in grandads eyes, how do you change the thinking of the club.

As much as it pains me we as fans can't hang onto past glories because they where so long ago, which turns us to desperation wanting to win anything. It's hard I can imagine for kids nowadays growing up with their mates having nothing to banter with the lads. It's easy to shoot a blue down just mention a trophy or champions league. Pains me talking like that as I've travelled all over the UK with everton. Even done the Speedo dash with Speedo Mick at Middlesbrough a few years back.

In my eyes you can get a sparkling new stadium and a top of the range training ground. You can even go as far to get a mitre delta match ball. But unless you get that mentality right when the 11 players cross that line, you become what we are right now. Mid table fodder who the lower league teams look for in the cup to take a coup.

Perfect example is tonight and a few years back against these lot. Our own fans hoping we get beat. Bet the 80's lads must be embarrassed at the thought of it.

We are everton we shouldn't be thinking like this. Sort it out faddy lad

416x416.jpg

basically you're right early on, we missed the boat with the major investment like Chelsea/city got

theres not a chance we are ever competing without it

City and Chelsea had the money, but just as important brought in the right managers to build a successful team plus wasn't afraid to keep pumping money in until it was right, we had the money and let Koeman/Walsh blow a load of it, now our owner has had his fingers burnt paying off managers and doesn't want to keep spending on the club

We have a billionaire owner who wants to run us like a business and not a play thing like city/Chelsea

Not a lot to get us to higher than middling rank. A miracle like a multi-billionaire to get us into the top 4. Forget Leicester, it is unlikely to ever happen again. Maybe another Russian or Ukrainian robber/oligarch will get the boot and emigrate here and buy us for his toy. If Donald Trump loses the 2020 election maybe he might fancy us.

Sometimes you just have to knock something down and rebuild from the ground up. I am beginning to think that might be the only solution. We aren't safe from relegation yet. We could lose every game and still finish above Huddersfield but every other team below us is capable of catching us.

Realistically, we will stumble our way to 40 points around mid April but at the end of the season a lot of things have to change - not just personnel, but mindset, desire, leadership, no more sentimentality.

That requires Brands to swing the axe through most of our management team before we even begin to look at the playing squad.

Bit of a blueprint-

We must this summer, even if at a loss, shed from the wage bill

-Morgan Schneiderlin
-Yannick Bolasie
-James McCarthy
-Sandro Ramirez

There are more, undoubtedly, but these are (bit of speculation here) the highest earners who never play.

The spine of the team must be the priority.

-A new CB aged 27/28+ who can lead those alongside him.
-A new CM to play alongside Gomes. Said CM must have legs, aggression AND the ability to be effective with the ball
-A new ST. It's a given and needs no further explanation.

The start of next season will see Bernard, Lookman, Digne and Mina far more ready to play PL football. They've each had little decent spells (probably an understatement in relation to Digne) but they all to me seem not quite battled hardened enough. See Digne vs Millwall as an example.

Yes we are short in other areas but the spine of the team, our first 11, just isn't good enough to mix the game. Wolves were nothing special, they were just well drilled and energetic, something we sorely lack throughout the middle of the pitch.

Should we do the above and Marco by Christmas is still failing to pull up trees (and by that I mean we are winning far more than we are currently- whether that's enough to hunt the top 6 pack remains to be seen) then I think serious question marks should be raised about his ability to take us further.

In short, by game 1 of 19/20 season he and Brands will have had 4 windows to conduct the main surgical requirements and get us on better foundations.

Anything before then is just sticking plasters on fatal wounds.

Bit of a blueprint-

We must this summer, even if at a loss, shed from the wage bill

-Morgan Schneiderlin
-Yannick Bolasie
-James McCarthy
-Sandro Ramirez

There are more, undoubtedly, but these are (bit of speculation here) the highest earners who never play.

The spine of the team must be the priority.

-A new CB aged 27/28+ who can lead those alongside him.
-A new CM to play alongside Gomes. Said CM must have legs, aggression AND the ability to be effective with the ball
-A new ST. It's a given and needs no further explanation.

The start of next season will see Bernard, Lookman, Digne and Mina far more ready to play PL football. They've each had little decent spells (probably an understatement in relation to Digne) but they all to me seem not quite battled hardened enough. See Digne vs Millwall as an example.

Yes we are short in other areas but the spine of the team, our first 11, just isn't good enough to mix the game. Wolves were nothing special, they were just well drilled and energetic, something we sorely lack throughout the middle of the pitch.

Should we do the above and Marco by Christmas is still failing to pull up trees (and by that I mean we are winning far more than we are currently- whether that's enough to hunt the top 6 pack remains to be seen) then I think serious question marks should be raised about his ability to take us further.

In short, by game 1 of 19/20 season he and Brands will have had 4 windows to conduct the main surgical requirements and get us on better foundations.

Anything before then is just sticking plasters on fatal wounds.

*cough* *cough*

Bin Gylfi as well

For me we could do with a new keeper, right back, 2 centre halves, 2 midfielders, a wide player and a striker. And then some squad players. Then we should be able to push the top 6 and take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.