What's changed since the Derby game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipp blue

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Just read an article it asked that question what's gone wrong. Up until the Derby game we looked good even if the results weren't always there but now, we are not pressing high like we did, the counter attack has stopped and we have reverted back to being painfully slow in possession. I can't figure out how this happened we are basically playing how we did in Martínez last season.

Said at the time in my post on the Newcastle game after the derby. He changed three starters from the Reds game, a team that had been performing well, even if some individuals had not been at their best and decided it was a time to rest/rotate players. I think it was a mistake at the time and we became unsettled from that point.

Things have moved from that and it’s a whole host of things absolutely snowballing. Confidence, tactics, form...etc etc. The manager’s job is to stop that but he hasn’t been able to do it. To win games you need 6-7 of your players to have reasonable games and we currently run at about 2-3. It’s an absolute mess at the moment.

Virtually none of players show that desire, the fight or the heart. You can’t see these players sitting in a locked room thrashing out what’s gone wrong.

Pre Derby
Gomes came in. Midfield looked balance. Siggurdson was on form. Bernard came in. Richarlison on form. Settled back four.

Post Derby
Everyone's out of form
No striker
Defence lacking belief.

Don't forget the derby was the best derby performance I've seen at the pit for years against the now favourites for the league.

Pickford doesnt throw the ball in the net in the last minute. Things would be different.

Just read an article it asked that question what's gone wrong. Up until the Derby game we looked good even if the results weren't always there but now, we are not pressing high like we did, the counter attack has stopped and we have reverted back to being painfully slow in possession. I can't figure out how this happened we are basically playing how we did in Martínez last season.

If only we were playing as well as we were in Bobby’s last season :blush:

What has went wrong since the derby?

First up, I believe the defenders lost faith in the goalkeeper.

And I believe this was compounded in the Spurs game.

I suspect there is sommat going on behind the scenes there....clashes of personalities or sommat.

Secondly, I think Silva’s lack of credentials have been exposed.

After that defeat we had two very, very winnable home games in a row coming down the pike.

A good manager would have been lifting his crestfallen players up and sending them out to vent their frustration on two such teams.

Seems Silva was not capable of it....and it has looked that way since :(

As well as the derby I was really happy with the approach to Arsenal - we were really pressing them right up to their own penalty area when they were in possession.

After that game I thought our old frail sheepish defensive mentality was a thing of the past. Sadly things are horrible at the moment and well paid professionals cannot simply go off and mope because of one major disappointment.

Time to man up but I fear this group has really lost its mojo since the pit result.

It would be telling if that derby defeat has played a part in the results afterwards. If anything it should give a team a resilience to get results not sulk and feel sorry for themselves.

That was, in effect, what happened yesterday.

When that handball goal was allowed to stand, they started feeling sorry for themselves instead of just calming it down and taking the game to a replay.

I think Watford showed teams how to play us. For 75 minutes they battered us and if their manager didn't bottle it by taking off an attacker for Chalobah they would have won easily. Since then teams have shut us down and the decent attacking teams have created chances pretty easily too.

If only we were playing as well as we were in Bobby’s last season :blush:

What has went wrong since the derby?

First up, I believe the defenders lost faith in the goalkeeper.

And I believe this was compounded in the Spurs game.

I suspect there is sommat going on behind the scenes there....clashes of personalities or sommat.

Secondly, I think Silva’s lack of credentials have been exposed.

After that defeat we had two very, very winnable home games in a row coming down the pike.

A good manager would have been lifting his crestfallen players up and sending them out to vent their frustration on two such teams.

Seems Silva was not capable of it....and it has looked that way since :(

We are. Every bit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.