What was your highest and lowest point of season 17/18?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zezti

Player Valuation: £70m
What was your single highest point and your single lowest point of the recent season?

There are more low points to pick from but lets try and think of some high points as well.

For me, highest point was probably Wayne's hat trick against West Ham. Lowest point was Burnley coming from behind and completing the double over us.

By the way "allardyce/koeman getting sacked" is too easy for a high point.

..low point, Southampton away definitely.

High point, a few days later with West Ham at home or possibly the Rooney penalty at the Reds. Cleverley’s missed penalty was a celebration given the time and situation in that game. Walsh’s sacking was more significant than any other.

Last edited:

High point. Niasse and his positivity. He lifted the crowd, team, performance. Just his determination and smile on his face.

Low point. The realisation that Allardyce was a genuine contender for the job not his actual appointment. Just about how far we had sunk as a club in the space of about 3 months.

High point - Gylfi’s 50 yard ninja kick volley in Hajduk

2nd place - the guy on crutches celebrating Gylfi’s equalizer at the pit

Low point - pretty much everything else

Jagielka sprinting the length of the pitch to pull the ball back for gylfi to slot against the RS, closely followed by a few of the Rooney goals and the rebirth of Niasse. Also signing Walcott who I think will be ace for us next season.

Low point - also the fixture list. We were always going to be on the back foot and I knew Koeman would be in trouble before a ball was even kicked. Momentum was going to have to happen in the Europa League and so the second low point was the late goal conceded at home to limassol. The very unfortunate defeat at home to Burnley 3 days later was basically the beginning of the end for Koeman and for me the realisation that a one of the most optimistic summers for many years was going to turn sour.

High point - Sigurdsson’s goal at Analfield.

Low point - Being outplayed by West Brom at home, and the boos that rained down like verbal cushions as Schneiderlin stripped to come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.