• The board

• Cheese on toast in the canteen

• All of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chazzle_dazzle

Player Valuation: £35m
Couldn't see a post for this specifically...

What is genuinely the problem with the club, is it we had too long with Moyes and his "knife to a gun fight" mentality that when he went and we dared to dream that we have removed ourselves from what we where good at?

New managers come in and have a good season then seem to fail, is it down to the players? Is there something fundamentally wrong with the squad? Bad eggs?

Martinez, brilliant first season - terrible 2 seasons after.

Koeman, steady first season - absolutely terrible second

Which leaves us in the mess we are in right now. I want to put a lot of the blame on those leading the club, however I cant blame Mosh for the Martinez and his down fall so am not even sure if thats right... is it the core of the players? but even then a lot of them are moved on from Moyes reign.

There has to be some sort of change at the club, to move forward otherwise this cycle (in my eyes) will continue for a long long time.

honestly i think that the others are just better at the moment and we can only hope that we struck luck with next group of people who come in the club

Start from the top and work down. Whatever you say about Steve Walsh and the players and manager the ones at board level make the big decision.

Who employed Robert Elstone and keeps him on the pay roll?

Who decided Steve Walsh was the right man to do a job he had never done before at club never using a DOF before?

Steve Walsh then buys the below par players for too much money.

Who thought Ronald Koeman was the answer then Big Sam?

It all starts at the top that needs to change then we can all move forward.

For me, a lot of it comes down to we have no direction to where we should be going - it all seems too muddled as was evident in the manager search, managers with completely contrasting styles just scream we didnt know what we wanted or what we where doing.

For god sake, we once had as an ambition on an AGM slide as "to be a football club".

I dont really wanna turn this into the next board thread, as I believe there is issues there - but the direction of the club, playing style, transfers and everything inbetween needs some clear identity and direction.

I wouldn't know where to start I only know its been going on too long and when as we have many times, looked like were turning the corner and making progress it doesn't happen. It's almost like it's bad karma. At Maine Road in 77, the Clive Thomas match is for me a pivotal day which seems to sum up Everton so close but yet so far away. I know that was out of our hands and down to the referee but what can go wrong normally does. We always end up back at square one and the only thing we have avoided is relegation.

Was going to go 'all of the above' - but who don't like cheese on toast?
Moshiri is here for the stadium, he's working on that mostly.
Seems that is the only new card in the deck and Kenwright and those below him are still doing what they did before - badly.
So voted Board, it all comes from the top

Status
Not open for further replies.