What if Moyes had today's budgets?

Would Everton have won more under Moyes with today's spending power?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes would never win anything because his own inbuilt negativity would always prevent him for going all the way in any competition. We were the better side in the 09 FA cup final but Moyes amd hus negative tactics were directly responsible for us losing.

I'm sure Drogba and Lampard were terrified when they saw Lars Jacobsen ready to come on.

His ability to identify talent was never in question. He'd identified Lukaku and Hazard earlier in their careers before Chelsea but close the deals due to lack of funds.

With today's cash in his hand wed have won something.

Had two windows at United and failed miserably. While the team he inherited wasn't the greatest side, he took them from 1st to 7th. Bobby took us up to 5th with Moyes' squad, a few Wigan players and Lukaku. Not convinced that Moyes would have finished fifth with the same squad.

I fear we’d still just be taking slightly more expensive knives to gunfights.

So not all that different to now.
This,

plus if he had decent players he wouldn't let them 'play' - he was too cautious. For every Baines he bought he bought a Bily
He could spot a 5M player for 1.5M. Get him playing like a 10M player...but the top teams had 20M players

Also decent strkers STILL cost more than we have...even if they'd come. Honestly @johnnydawg68 can you see us spunking 60,70+M ? on a decent striker
No, me neither.

Moyes with todays Everton spending power? He had that, and more at UTD. How did that work out?

Not too bad. Mata was a top quality signing and say what you want about Fellaini but he was MOTM in the Europa League final which is the reason the Mancs find themselves back in the Champions League and he's made close to 150 appearances for them.

Don't want to be sticking up for Moyes because he's a bit of a turnip but him replacing Alex Ferguson was pretty much an impossible task. That and his loyalty to his own back room staff utterly fcked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.