What happened in 1914 and 1939 how did they deal with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a way I'm going to welcome a return to living off the land.

But in another more actual way, one where i have delayed walking 200 metres to the chicken shop for 2 hours, it may be quite an adjustment at first.
Careful. I've heard that Ray Mear's fella has taken over vast swathes of territory. If he catches you on his turf he will whittle you into a canoe for sure.

who knows what will happen but some clubs might be put off spending millions of pounds in litigation to try and argue that they could potentially have finished in a play off spot or automatic qualification spot or could have avoided relegation especially when you look at a club like bolton who were in the championship and struggled financially and are now bottom of league 1

Bolton are one example who may not be able to afford legal action but they're pretty irrelevant to the conversation about automatic promotion spots in The Championshio.

Others such as Fulham, Brentford and Nottingham Forest have incredibly wealthy backing and are currently still in the running for an automatic spot with 9 games left so they might be a more relevant example. I reckon they could stump up for a legal team to have a pop at the Premier League or the EFL.

Bolton are one example who may not be able to afford legal action but they're pretty irrelevant to the conversation about automatic promotion spots in The Championshio.

Others such as Fulham, Brentford and Nottingham Forest have incredibly wealthy backing and are currently still in the running for an automatic spot with 9 games left so they might be a more relevant example. I reckon they could stump up for a legal team to have a pop at the Premier League or the EFL.
Who knows we just have to wait and see

them lot whinge about bad luck prior to both previous world wars we where first division winners and got booted from EL just as we won the title in 1985

Despite the flippant remarks by many on here, there are in fact striking similarities between the pre-war years and todays situation. In all cases there was an inbred toff in charge, there was a rising cult of evil with an odd looking German in charge gaining populist momentum in the media, there were food shortages and in all three decades, kopites were odious gobshites!
in fact it is so similar, I see a theme and suspect a conspiracy!

I mean it could be like the First World War where you have both a war and an virus that was actually deadly. I’m sure we’ll do fine on our sofas watching netflix.

It's a moot point just like now, football back then suspended because of the wars, it was more important to fight fascism. Though it never gets brought up in the media. Even when it was, only a week or so ago, they talked about Blackpool who were leading in 39/40 after 3 games. They don't ever mention that Everton had not one but two title winning teams disrupted due to the two world wars. We too had to suffer our mid-eighties team break up when we would have dominated and won the European Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.