What does Everton FC mean to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older I get, the less arsed I am.

29 and known absolutely nothing but being let down at every single opportunity.

If anything it's gotten even worse since we have had money to spend. There was at least a kind of siege mentality because of the lack of funds.

Now that's gone, we're still crap but we've somehow managed spend a fortune yet regress massively.

Everton.
At your age I understand how you feel like that, you most probably have never seen them win anything, hopefully you’ve got plenty of crazy winning trophies to look forward to, as bleak as it looks now.

I started going in 83 with my dad. I now go with my daughter who is 5 and my partner. My best season was under Smith were I missed 3 games all season due to going to Florida, then again I had only missed two games all season before the pandemic so was on for my best season. I have spent thousands of pounds on Everton, not just season tickets, away trips but also I make sure I get the kits every year. I remember going to Wembley against Chelsea with my 18 year old brother who didn’t have a ticket. We bought one for £360 outside and he only had £150 so I gave him the money just so he could go his first cup final.
Would I change anything? No. Would I support anyone else? Never. I love them, I miss them, they are my world with my kids. I don’t expect to see them win a trophy again in my life time, but every year I believe they will and despite years and years of misery. I wouldn’t change a thing.
I hope my daughter grows up and continues the family trend of Everton FC.
Brilliant that mate, especially looking after your brother at the cup final, got to say though that the snide who sold you the ticket deserved a few good smacks.

I’ll take Pickford’s cock up at Anfield, in the last minute of the game, to my grave, well I’m getting cremated but you know what I mean.

That was excruciating, to be sure.

I'd say that we're headed in the right direction, but my father is a Cubs fan so I heard that one a lot over the years without result.

I don't have religion, but I have footie and I'll watch any game any time. I have always loved the game. But as American discovering Everton in the late 90s and following them through thick and thin is both lots of fun+lots of frustration. I have temporarily rearranged my job so I could live in Liverpool for a bit. They disappoint. They frustrate. But Everton (and UNAM Pumas) are my teams for life.

...a good gauge is the difference a win or loss makes to the next few days of your life.
My wife and kids used to leave me alone after bad losses because I was a right grumpy beggar. These days they don't have to quite so much. Maybe its meaning less to me (the last few seasons have drained the joy out of watching Everton, tbh)? Obviously, they still give me a wide berth after we play the RS!

As a kid they were everything, coming from a blue family. My sisters wedding in '68 just happened to be on cup final day. it was delayed a week, the priest and family had tickets. Fond memories of waiting to see Labone on a TV in a Towyn pub on holiday with the family in the '70 WC. Selling my entire record collection to go to Wembley and those 2 League Cup final replays and then losing... Every lunchtime, footy in the school yard against 'their' fans.
growing up and moving away they became less important and there have been times when I have forgotten them completely by being 3,000 miles away or infatuated with a girl or later focused on my young family. For a while I came back and went to see Tranmere because my mates did. Now the siblings are all dying, the kids are almost all living their own lives - I still check on the blues everyday, on here and other sites. Soon I'll be retired and I guess they'll mean even more.
What I always find funny after going to a game or watching on TV - I realized, I never even see the opposition team. I am not watching football, I am watching Everton.
I turned 60 this year and got my first tattoo - the Everton Crest of course.
I suppose if your born a Blue then you might as well die one too!

I started going in 83 with my dad. I now go with my daughter who is 5 and my partner. My best season was under Smith were I missed 3 games all season due to going to Florida, then again I had only missed two games all season before the pandemic so was on for my best season. I have spent thousands of pounds on Everton, not just season tickets, away trips but also I make sure I get the kits every year. I remember going to Wembley against Chelsea with my 18 year old brother who didn’t have a ticket. We bought one for £360 outside and he only had £150 so I gave him the money just so he could go his first cup final.
Would I change anything? No. Would I support anyone else? Never. I love them, I miss them, they are my world with my kids. I don’t expect to see them win a trophy again in my life time, but every year I believe they will and despite years and years of misery. I wouldn’t change a thing.
I hope my daughter grows up and continues the family trend of Everton FC.
Best post of the year!

Loved the club all the way through the very late sixties, seventies and eighties. Old Higsonians and the pies and feeling tough in the old park end.

If I am honest one man has ruined Everton for me and that is Kenwright. I used to go to almost every home game then around 1999 it just stopped I couldn't be bothered with the team, the stadium any of it. I go to the odd game now but don't feel any real pull. When fathead goes and the new stadium comes it may change for me.

I am not a parent, but if I was, I would think they are like that son and daughter who show so much promise but now they drop out of school and end up with a partner who studied art and is going to get there life together one day and get a real job. They promise so much and in your mind you look forward to seeing them because this maybe the day.....but deep down in your heart you know it will end in pain.

everton is a way of life, win loose or draw.
makes us laugh or cry mainly cry.
then to make it worse you go and get your kids involved .
follwed them all over the country
Spending thousands missing family events for what MY FIRST LOVE. EVERTON
would Do it all again in a heart beat

Status
Not open for further replies.