What does Everton FC mean to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
ExactlyThis.

So the blues stopped you from moving to the US? I hope we were boss at the time? That’s a big sacrifice.
It was around 78/79,my uncle was working over there in the computer industry,it wasnt just Everton it was family and friends as well,but Everton were the big part of my thought process

Reactions: JLW
You will no doubt get answers saying "they mean absolutely nothing to me, I can take them or leave them"
Please bare in mind that these answers are coming from people who are on an Everton forum in mid week outside of the football season. Truth is Everton means a lot to all of us . . . . . . . even the ones who currently hate them.
:coffee:
I don’t think it will ever leave us regardless of how good or bad we are.

Reactions: kev

It was around 78/79,my uncle was working over there in the computer industry,it wasnt just Everton it was family and friends as well,but Everton were the big part of my thought process
I think it’s time they give you a little something back mate.

When I was younger it meant everything to me,basically life revolved around it,passing up the chance to move to the US,leaving jobs,missing dates,as I got older its taken a back seat to family,health,work,that could be more to do with falling out of love with the game,Everton will always be a part of my life but its down a list
A very similar story for me not abroad but Job opportunities passed up on because I wouldn't be able to watch the blues.
I am beginning to hate the game now sky have destroyed it . It wouldn't bother me now if they scraped it but while there is still an Everton it will always matter to me.

Been a blue all my life and come on here many times a day ,check the latest news hoping for a new signing many times per day ,watch all I can get .I still feel really down when we lose but yes it doesn't last as long now as it used to ,I think that could be because I am in Finland , when I lived in Liverpool there was the banter for days after that kept you up or down now it is just my own reaction and the press .
I would love to go to the new stadium though as I think all the old feelings would come back .Not the traveling home for hours after a defeat I don't want that one .

They used to,many of them,players like Mick Lyons,Andy King,Waggy,Reidy etc, it was like having our own DNA out on the pitch representing us.
Yes unfortunately the influx of foreign players has diminished that. This is why why we want one of our own to succeed so much when they come through the youth because you feel they understand what it means to us.

Yes unfortunately the influx of foreign players has diminished that. This is why why we want one of our own to succeed so much when they come through the youth because you feel they understand what it means to us.
Unfortunately in the last couple of decades it has been "our own"boyhood blues who have let us down considerably.

ExactlyThis.

So the blues stopped you from moving to the US? I hope we were boss at the time? That’s a big sacrifice.
Sacrifice if you are warped. My brother lives in Texas. I wouldn’t swap my life for his in a million years. He comes home for medical treatment (a 4000 mile trip is cheaper), and does nothing but bleat on about blacks there (he’s become overtly racist while living there...oddly he quickly changes his tune when I bring up black people he knows from here). I can only put it down to the constant racial tension there...god knows what his neighbourhood/work place is like post the latest racial conflict. I’d take our culture over the self absorbed me me me culture. While we clap for the NHS who selflessly treat those in need, over there its every man for himself. Google Stan Brock, a Brit who set up a medical charity for the third world, but ended up treating tens of thousands over there.

I had a chance to move to Australia but being able to watch football in the flesh was one factor in my decision not to go. The weather is the obvious drawback to here, but overall the positives outweigh negatives from elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.