What do we want from the remainder of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Wayne

Player Valuation: £100m
I suspect most can agree that it's been an absolutely shocking season for us, especially given the expectations at the start of it.

We won't get in Europe, are out of all of the cups, and I can't really see us getting dragged into the relegation battle.

Whilst it's tempting to wish for the season to end and be done with it, what can we get out of the games that remain to get us onto a more positive footing for next season?

Is it simply a case of winning some games and getting back into the habit? Figuring out a way to play again? Blooding some young players?

Top half of the table has to be the priority. It won't be easy to make up 8 points on the teams above us, but that has to be the aim.

To rescue a top ten finish from how we have played has to be the minimum, to soften the edge on a poor season.
As Bruce alludes to, this is a case of actual versus expectation and we failed miserably.

To put up a decent fight against the top teams we've yet to face. (Soton, United, Spurs) And naturally, win against the others, or draw at the very least.

What do we want? I don't know, but I know what I want...... Catalan Clown's head!

A finish of 10th will be a great result in context (keeping Lukaku, budgeting etc) but RM still needs to go. No matter what.

For me he reached the point of no return after the Hull away game (I went!). I have seen some bad performances under Moyes but THAT was just inexcusable, no, UNFORGIVABLE!

He is supposed to be the manager of Everton Football Club, but it took him 40 games this season to finally figure out how best to utilise the squad at his disposal - a forced move in any case with Barry's recent suspension! That is unacceptable when you compare him to the likes of Catterick, Kendall I and Royle who KNEW the squad's strengths and PLAYED TO THEM.

Even now his continued use of Howard is baffling, and if I was Robles I'd be slamming a transfer request on clown's desk ASAP. The next game that Everton win will guarantee safety, so if this isn't the cue to gong Howard out of the sticks then we need to ACTIVELY CAMPAIGN for Martinez' removal.

I would like to see Garbutt replace Baines, this is now his chance in an almost certainly consequence-free environment. I'm not for booting Coleman, I still believe unlike a lot of idiots who think he's going to carry on being poor - he won't. Coleman's a great athlete being hindered by a ridiculous setup.

That said, I want to see more of Browning as an impact sub and maybe a few cameos for Galloway if the games are 'meaningless' and his inclusion won't irk the Premier League/FA/Stasi....

Status
Not open for further replies.