Votes: 19 35.2%
  • Cheese on toast.

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BNJ1878

Player Valuation: £40m
Not who's more beneficial right now, but longer term of how the club is perceived.

A top class player coming to the end of his career, or a promising youngster coveted by many? (That's not saying Small will have a great career, but we wanted him to stay, several others chased him... He wen't were he believed he'd play sooner rather than later)

No brainer for me. Short cuts to success don't work.

Small is a young Blert who had expectations that were ridiculous for the Club to indulge. It will take him a year or so realise that Southampton won't indulge his fantasies either.
Hammy Rodz is a world class footballer who has been driven out of the club by the hiring of a manager with a well recorded grudge against him. He was told that he was no longer wanted at the club, and the manager has lied to the fans and brought the Club's PR to bear on him to paint him as the bad guy. His position has been made unworkable and he's being forced to leave, not that he now wants to stay. The Club could have handled the situation so much better, if it wasn't for Bigtitez briefing the media against him. Why would anyone with any talent want to join the club if this is how you are treated. I would unfortunately expect further departures of our better players because of it.

I think if a player would rather move to Qatar than play in a European league then it’s not really on us. I don’t think it will affect our reputation.
If a player is forced out of the Cloub by a Manager and has to go to Qatar because its the only open transfer window available, merely for being on a high wage, then of course other Players will take it into account if asked to sign for that Cloub.

Small is a young Blert who had expectations that were ridiculous for the Club to indulge. It will take him a year or so realise that Southampton won't indulge his fantasies either.
Hammy Rodz is a world class footballer who has been driven out of the club by the hiring of a manager with a well recorded grudge against him. He was told that he was no longer wanted at the club, and the manager has lied to the fans and brought the Club's PR to bear on him to paint him as the bad guy. His position has been made unworkable and he's being forced to leave, not that he now wants to stay. The Club could have handled the situation so much better, if it wasn't for Bigtitez briefing the media against him. Why would anyone with any talent want to join the club if this is how you are treated. I would unfortunately expect further departures of our better players because of it.
Jesus wept....

Loving the start of todays "just make stuff up" saga

If a player is forced out of the Cloub by a Manager and has to go to Qatar because its the only open transfer window available, merely for being on a high wage, then of course other Players will take it into account if asked to sign for that Cloub.
We will never know if it was his wages or attitude that stopped clubs in Europe or South America taking him on.

I had cheese on toast for breakfast today. My wife made toast and I put cheese on top of it.

Unmelted cheese. Not toasted whilst atop of the toast to form a melted cheese topping.

Whilst it was still nice, and I could select from a range of cheese (gouda really hit the spot today), you can certainly see why I picked the cheese on toast option.

Last edited:
yes, shocking isn't it.
Yes, you are.

I said it in an earlier post, some players need to earn their place in the squad.

If I get on the wrong side of my bosses, I work harder and prove myself. If my kids get on the wrong side of their teachers, they work harder and try an prove themselves. My youngest is 10 and understands this principle.

James is a grown man with his future in his own hands. Comments like "I don't even know who Everton are playing" are far worse than "Small club" comments made by RB. Benitez wasn't even paid by us when he made those comments, yet is continually berated due to them. James, earns almost 5 million per annum and does not even knowing who we are playing. Definitely not the best way to get in the manager's good books.

Not who's more beneficial right now, but longer term of how the club is perceived.

A top class player coming to the end of his career, or a promising youngster coveted by many? (That's not saying Small will have a great career, but we wanted him to stay, several others chased him... He wen't were he believed he'd play sooner rather than later)

No brainer for me. Short cuts to success don't work.

Both.

James just shows we can't ever try to have the glamour at Everton. The dogs of war mentality will never go but ultimately without quality on top it gets you nowhere.

Small, well it's concerning that we have lost such a promising youngster that we've spent time on developing. People can say he was badly advised and maybe it's true, yet he was clearly desperate to leave. Why is that and why does it keep happening with our academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.