What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent

American Idiot
With everyone being out on Sam. The question that begs an answer is, will a top manager and top players come or does a new stadium need to be built before we can attract them?

I was wishy washy about moving on from Goodison, but after reading everyone's thoughts it seems obvious. Don't you think it will be a struggle bringing in top level talent until a new stadium is built? I feel it may be a bigger deal than most think.

Reactions: Tak

With everyone being out on Sam. The question that begs an answer is, will a top manager and top players come or does a new stadium need to be built before we can attract them?

I was wishy washy about moving on from Goodison, but after reading everyone's thoughts it seems obvious. Don't you think it will be a struggle bringing in top level talent until a new stadium is built? I feel it may be a bigger deal than most think.

I think there are three things which attract most footballers.

1. Chance of trophies.
2. Salary.
3. Chance to play in most prestigious competitions.

Globally, Everton can fulfil number 2 and, to a small degree, number 3.

They have a lot of money to spend on salaries. Secondly the English Premier League is a draw e.g. Cenk Tosun.

The issue could be that by not being in many prestigious competitions (European cups) the club has attracted players who only care about money since the Morshiri buy-in.

I think for players the stadium/fans is typically not much of an issue for good or bad.

Nothing to do with having a stadium. We need to prove to any manager that we are not a shambles in the front office and will have capable recruitment. We need to prove to most decent players that we will be consistently vying for silverware of some sort or perhaps consistently in Europe (unless we want to pay silly wages to mercenary types).

A new stadium won't fix either.

Winning team first
But if Moshiri's pockets are deep enough and given the Stadium funding will be mostly outside money the 2 can and maybe should work in tandem
That said, this IS Everton...and we could end up with neither a winning team or a stadium and they'll cart Moshiri of to a posh facility where he can wonder were it all went wrong, with daft arl teary Bill back in charge having bought him out for a quid.

Status
Not open for further replies.