What Carlo needs to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrismac

Player Valuation: £10m
For as far back as i can remember, no matter the 11 we put out, we have had no composure.
Always hesitant and scared under possession, so much so that we dont give options all over the park. Davies (who i must admit think is limited at this level) is the only player who plays on the turn, the rest including Gomes are very one dimensional and lack any peripheral vision.
The amount of times our CM get the ball off the defense and immediately play it back is shocking, usually ends up back with Pickford who then more often than not sends it straight to the opp goalie.
Strikers struggle to hold the ball up and our wingers distribution is really poor.
In todays world managers/coaches analyse every movement and action in every game but yet nothing seems to improve with us no matter who's in charge.
Watching Leeds just now and the teams movement and composure, alike Rs U23s yesterday is night and day to how we perform.
Dunc instilled fight for his short spell which should be a given for every player that pulls on the shirt but for me Carlo's needs to bring a progressive style thats mimicked throughout the whole club and build so that young players developing can be moulded into first teamers rather than half arse developed then sold.

Center midfield, with Gilfi and Morgan there we'll lose alot more games than we'll win, both are too slow, you can get by with one being slow but not both you'll be punished more often than not.

Center midfield, with Gilfi and Morgan there we'll lose alot more games than we'll win, both are too slow, you can get by with one being slow but not both you'll be punished more often than not.
If he can get either/both of those off the wage bill, I hear this guy is available on a free:

And they're cowards.
I wonder what happened to Schneiderlin because he was awesome at Southampton he put in the tough tackles and certainly was not a coward. Looks like his move to United ruined him and we were the idiots who took him from there.

For as far back as i can remember, no matter the 11 we put out, we have had no composure.
Always hesitant and scared under possession,
so much so that we dont give options all over the park. Davies (who i must admit think is limited at this level) is the only player who plays on the turn, the rest including Gomes are very one dimensional and lack any peripheral vision.
The amount of times our CM get the ball off the defense and immediately play it back is shocking, usually ends up back with Pickford who then more often than not sends it straight to the opp goalie.
Strikers struggle to hold the ball up and our wingers distribution is really poor.
In todays world managers/coaches analyse every movement and action in every game but yet nothing seems to improve with us no matter who's in charge.
Watching Leeds just now and the teams movement and composure, alike Rs U23s yesterday is night and day to how we perform.
Dunc instilled fight for his short spell which should be a given for every player that pulls on the shirt but for me Carlo's needs to bring a progressive style thats mimicked throughout the whole club and build so that young players developing can be moulded into first teamers rather than half arse developed then sold.
First 18 months Martinez was here we saw that composure.

I fully expect Ancelotti to achieve at least that much in any player he entrusts with a blue shirt once he gets his feet under the table properly here.

First things first: get two in this month. Get to the end of the season and start hacking through this squad, ditching as many as possible and add another four in ASAP. Then work pre-season on what he wants the team to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.