Transfer Rumour Weston McKennie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wait so he tore his achilles in late may and he's coming back in September? What kind of magic are you guys doing over there?

tenor.gif

Getting a real 'world class' Micheal Bradley vibe
I always loathed Bradley, for the USMNT and for club. I thought he basically got a pass because he was good for 1 season and once or twice a game would hit a good pass or shot. The rest of his game to me was being too slow, and turning it over and basically just being "slightly better than the other option".

I always loathed Bradley, for the USMNT and for club. I thought he basically got a pass because he was good for 1 season and once or twice a game would hit a good pass or shot. The rest of his game to me was being too slow, and turning it over and basically just being "slightly better than the other option".
I felt the only reason he got on the USMNT was daddy. Personally thought Feilhaber was a better player.

You aren't wrong about the woeful state of Schalke but the Villa team Gana was a part of were one of the 3 or 4 worst teams since football in England was founded in 1992 and he was still a great player. It can happen.
Gana was statistically the best/second best tackler in the league though. I'm not saying that the lad is an awful player but having pace and being American does not make you the required ability level to progress us as a football club.
We need to add real quality to progress our team on the pitch.

Gana was statistically the best/second best tackler in the league though. I'm not saying that the lad is an awful player but having pace and being American does not make you the required ability level to progress us as a football club.
We need to add real quality to progress our team on the pitch.
His nationality has nothing to do with anything the same as playing for a horribly run club doesn't. We need to look at the player and nothing more.

His game isn't all physical attributes either. I'm not sure what he does bring is good enough for where we want to go, but he also is pretty solid now, is still young, and has yet to play for anything approaching a proper manager. He could make leaps.

Also he's easily in our starting XI currently if we sign him. Our midfield stinks.

And, you know, his dad was the national team manager..?

Status
Not open for further replies.