Weird Everton superstitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveysgingerlovechild

Official Allardyce Doubter
Do you have one?

My other half brought me an Everton mug. We've been mostly crap since she got it me. I noticed we unfailingly lost if I drank from it on the day of the match, so I stopped doing it. Sometimes I forgot.

Anyway, the good lady has just dropped and smashed said mug. On that basis the curse is lifted and we are absolutely snorting Leicester later and will get into Europe, nea*.

So yeah, anyone got anything stupider?

*please don't vault me on this.

….when I was a kid in ‘66 we played Coventry in an early round of the FA Cup & won 3-0. My mum noticed my swimming certificate was upside down on the mantle piece so every round after that the certificates came out & placed upside down above the fire.

We won the cup that year so it worked a treat but not when it was tried the following season.

Last edited:
Do you have one?

My other half brought me an Everton mug. We've been mostly crap since she got it me. I noticed we unfailingly lost if I drank from it on the day of the match, so I stopped doing it. Sometimes I forgot.

Anyway, the good lady has just dropped and smashed said mug. On that basis the curse is lifted and we are absolutely snorting Leicester later and will get into Europe, nea*.

So yeah, anyone got anything stupider?

*please don't vault me on this.
My lucky mug smashed, so I replaced it with the same one. Which also smashed - this time in a horrific mug massacre when it hit the kitchen floor along with 3 others.

I don’t think the universe wants me to have a lucky mug. So now I mainly wear my GoT-approved t-shirt on match day and be done with it.

Which, evidentially, I can say has absolutely no discernible effect on the team’s performance whatsoever.

1667644704741.png

I have always checked the fudge-smudge inside my grundies, if it veers to the left we invariably win, to the right we tend to draw or get beat. Sadly, since old age and decrepitude has slackened my anal sphincter, my blerts have a disastrous effect and the inside of my grundies end up looking like a Jackson Pollock painting, with no discernible lines :(

I have always checked the fudge-smudge inside my grundies, if it veers to the left we invariably win, to the right we tend to draw or get beat. Sadly, since old age and decrepitude has slackened my anal sphincter, my blerts have a disastrous effect and the inside of my grundies end up looking like a Jackson Pollock painting, with no discernible lines :(
Fairly sure you actually do this. Not 100%, like.

Status
Not open for further replies.