"We were magnificent off the ball."

Status
Not open for further replies.
We created 20 odd chances 8 on target, all with poor performances from mirallas, pienaar, osman and jelavic. Apart from not scoring I cant see what else we could of done.

Difficult if your playmakers arent performing mate, you can pass and move as quick as you want its putting the ball in the net that counts we had an off day it happens we'll play a lot worse and win.

Tedious in the extreme, this.

I couldn't give a flying [Poor language removed] what he says, I'm not arsed about talk, I want to see points on the board and teams getting sexed off the park. Has that happened yet? No. Is that disappointing? Well yes, mildly, as our opposition haven't been great. Does it mean much in the grand scheme of things i.e. the season? No, not at all. We can improve. Martinez did it regularly at Wigan and as long as it doesn't happen as late as it happened for them, we should be ok.

Last edited:
Tedious in the extreme, this.

I couldn't give a flying [Poor language removed] what he says, I'm not arsed about talk, I want to see points on the board and teams getting sexed off the park. Has that happened yet? No. Is that disappointing? Well yes, mildly, as our opposition haven't been great. Does it mean much in the grand scheme of things i.e. the season? No, not at all. We can turn things around. Martinez did it regularly at Wigan and as long as it doesn't happen as late as it happened for them, we should be ok.

I wouldn't even say it's a case of 'turning things around', that would imply we're headed in the wrong direction.

Its all about plan B. Today the players weren't able to go to plan B as they're still getting used to plan A.

Tika taka football

Moyes has started much worse, Had bought all of his own players in and had years to get his team playing the way he wanted

Martinez has had 5 months

Get a ****ing grip the lot of you
I thought he took over at the beginning of June. Which would make it 2 months taking into account he and the players were on holiday for a couple of weeks.
I sensed a bit too much optimism before yesterday's game as if people were expecting us to dry bum West Brom.
People think after 2 months working with the players everyone should have all the new ideas assimilated and be working as a cohesive unit.

I think people are being overly critical of what Martinez has said here, especially when its put into context

He told Sky Sports: "I thought we were magnificent off the ball, with the way we worked and suffocated West Brom's play and limited them to very little

We limited them to 7 shots, only two of which were from inside our penalty box.

0pFxY.png

Yes we're disappointed we didn't win, but its not like we've been tonked 4 nil and he's happy we've won the passing

The comments are a bit of an embaressment really. He obviously thinks we're either a small club, who will be amazed with failing to score at home to West Brom. Or kopite whoppers who will lap up any degree of stupidity or soundbite. Stick to some realism Roberto, we must do a lot better.

I think people are being overly critical of what Martinez has said here, especially when its put into context

We limited them to 7 shots, only two of which were from inside our penalty box.

0pFxY.png

Yes we're disappointed we didn't win, but its not like we've been tonked 4 nil and he's happy we've won the passing

Finally a bit of sense.

Some people have already made their mind up about him, and just hear what they want to hear.

He's trying to pass with peoplewho can't pass on the deck. (Jags distin Fellini Oman) none of them can pass or spot a pass. It's clearly going to take time

Status
Not open for further replies.