We must stick with silva as fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjoeefc

Player Valuation: £20m
for the sake of how well we do this season It Is imperative that we dont turn our back on Silva just yet. It has been possibly a poor start if you consider the opposition we've faced, however we are still not out of touch from where we want to be. If we start showing negativity in our home games then this will only serve to work against us.

Silva must improve on away form that is for sure and if he doesn't then he has to go. However if we look at previous managers, the minute the fans turned their back on them then it seemed their time was numbered and positive results seemed impossible. Silva still needs the time to prove himself and we really shouldn't turn on him just yet as there are still reasons to believe he can turn it around and as a club we just cant afford another season or two of transition.

for the sake of how well we do this season It Is imperative that we dont turn our back on Silva just yet. It has been possibly a poor start if you consider the opposition we've faced, however we are still not out of touch from where we want to be. If we start showing negativity in our home games then this will only serve to work against us.

Silva must improve on away form that is for sure and if he doesn't then he has to go. However if we look at previous managers, the minute the fans turned their back on them then it seemed their time was numbered and positive results seemed impossible. Silva still needs the time to prove himself and we really shouldn't turn on him just yet as there are still reasons to believe he can turn it around and as a club we just cant afford another season or two of transition.
No mate, we were here first (and will be here when he's gone) HE has to stick with us...by upping his game and getting the team winning a lot more than they do.

I can't believe this is even a conversation. We play scintillating football at times but we are simply inconsistent. We need a run, for confidence- which will make other teams begin to fear us. The same was true of Howard Kendall's '84 side and Ferguson's early years at United.

Other teams fear is the key - the rs aren't all that great, it's just many if the opposition lose the game in their heads before walking out onto the pitch.

Season just started so binning him now would be just stupid, we might as well be Watford.

But that does not mean unlimited support and if he can’t move is forward then I would want a change.

But to be honest the manager can’t legislate for poor spineless performances away from home....that’s down to the players as well as team tactics and selection.

I will stick with him because the season has only just started but where do we draw the line?

I will back him, but not for the sake of it. This is what I was on about re; top blooing the other day.

Sacking managers gets us nowhere. Silva needs 2-3 seasons minimum I think.

We need to be fully behind the manager and the team, with a fantastic atmosphere at Goodison, to maximise our chances of doing well.

If we sack him, all that will happen is another 10m wasted on terminating contracts, more upheaval and at best we will end up back in that 7th to 10th bracket.

I will stick with him because the season has only just started but where do we draw the line?

I will back him, but not for the sake of it. This is what I was on about re; top blooing the other day.
Give him the season and see where we end up. Can't be arsed with another discussion about 'crisis club' Everton and the 'they think they deserve top 4' chat in the media.

Silva should be expected to deliver 7th as a mark of progress, if he doesn't then we should have identified a replacement and move him on.

I can't believe this is even a conversation. We play scintillating football at times but we are simply inconsistent. We need a run, for confidence- which will make other teams begin to fear us. The same was true of Howard Kendall's '84 side and Ferguson's early years at United.

Other teams fear is the key - the rs aren't all that great, it's just many if the opposition lose the game in their heads before walking out onto the pitch.

Spot on.......

Status
Not open for further replies.