We must be poor in training...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltraVires

Player Valuation: £8m
I have been watching our performances all season and most of the time I have come away thinking that we are terrible when a team presses us hard AND/OR we are just not quick enough at pressing them ourselves.

This leads me to question what kind of training we are being put through. We clearly aren’t having training matches where our first team are pressed hard and also some of our players are either not athletic enough for today’s PL or are not fully fit.

I don’t blame Carlo 100% for this as I am sure he knows how to train players by now but he may have his hands tied by the fact that the players beyond our first 11 are just not capable of testing the first team in training.

I do wonder if we train similar to the way boxers do where they get a new sparring partner every round or two so they are always facing a fresh partner even when they are tiring.

I think we should be calling on our 18s, 23s and the surplus first team players to rotate in for 10 minute spells to with their sole instruction to run like mad to press us as soon as we get the ball.

Heads and volleys sounds about right with some of the stuff I watch. Not sure what Gomes does because he looks like he’s running with a bungee cord attached

Its all a plot by Tosun to psychologically ruin us after his best mate and his best mates kid, who sold suitcases in Milan, were ruined after Walsh didn't buy a case there:

8c11841f8d19d46d7b238bfe4dddac5129a1a9f3.png

I have been watching our performances all season and most of the time I have come away thinking that we are terrible when a team presses us hard AND/OR we are just not quick enough at pressing them ourselves.

This leads me to question what kind of training we are being put through. We clearly aren’t having training matches where our first team are pressed hard and also some of our players are either not athletic enough for today’s PL or are not fully fit.

I don’t blame Carlo 100% for this as I am sure he knows how to train players by now but he may have his hands tied by the fact that the players beyond our first 11 are just not capable of testing the first team in training.

I do wonder if we train similar to the way boxers do where they get a new sparring partner every round or two so they are always facing a fresh partner even when they are tiring.

I think we should be calling on our 18s, 23s and the surplus first team players to rotate in for 10 minute spells to with their sole instruction to run like mad to press us as soon as we get the ball.

We do struggle against a team that plays a high press against us this is true...

We should mix it up & play it long against them with our players ready to counter attack quickly, play over the top of their press & attack with our quicker players...

Godfrey has shown great pace since his arrival going forward as well as in defence...

Status
Not open for further replies.