We haven't bought a quality forward since Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
They cost big money and we dont have any.

Dom has been a bit of a troll, awful for the lad to be injured, but i think the club need to accept if his fitness cant be relied on then he second choice and invest in a new PL quality starting forward. One of the hardest things to do in football in the PL is to have two high quality forwards, usually at that caliber you desire - both want to start, teams of higher quality struggle with it in this league - at our level, its really difficult, its why someone like Ings would have been golddust for us really.

Secondly you are looking at wide forwards, Richarlison, Young Flash - selling them without replacing them - criminal and could well be the rock we perish on. Someone at the club thinks they are clever then they actually are.

Dom has been a bit of a troll, awful for the lad to be injured, but i think the club need to accept if his fitness cant be relied on then he second choice and invest in a new PL quality starting forward. One of the hardest things to do in football in the PL is to have two high quality forwards, usually at that caliber you desire - both want to start, teams of higher quality struggle with it in this league at our level, its really difficult, its why Ings someone like Ings would have been golddust for us really.

Secondly you are looking at wide forwards, Richarlison, Young Flash - selling them without replacing them - criminal and could well be the rock we perish on. Someone at the club thinks they are clever then they actually are.
My worry with the Dom thing is that (hate to go all orange cat here) How do we know it's not coming down from the top? We all know how much of a traditionalist Kenwright is and he likes his old teams and probably wants that "Classic number 9" up top. How do we know he is not insisting the team be built around Dom as a figurehead? At the end of the day it is him that has the final say on transfers and I wouldn't put it past him to interfere, Sullivan is known to do it at West Ham.

Dom has been a bit of a troll, awful for the lad to be injured, but i think the club need to accept if his fitness cant be relied on then he second choice and invest in a new PL quality starting forward. One of the hardest things to do in football in the PL is to have two high quality forwards, usually at that caliber you desire - both want to start, teams of higher quality struggle with it in this league at our level, its really difficult, its why Ings someone like Ings would have been golddust for us really.

For a ready to go one, yes - but buying and (or just) developing one is a lot cheaper and I would argue much more effective.

Ings, Giroud and the established players we did buy wouldn't or haven't had anything more than a temporary positive effect followed by a longer period of waistrelry. Lukaku, Richy and DCL were all bought to develop and we did that.

This is IMHO why Kean was mishandled so badly by the club - when he turned up he should have given him an extended run in the team, in his correct position, with effective support (DCL) and on the understanding that when CL clubs come calling he'd be allowed to go for a profit. It is also why I think Simms should start games ahead of Maupay (best of all would be them starting games together, with Maupay being replaced by DCL when fit).

Dom has been a bit of a troll, awful for the lad to be injured, but i think the club need to accept if his fitness cant be relied on then he second choice and invest in a new PL quality starting forward. One of the hardest things to do in football in the PL is to have two high quality forwards, usually at that caliber you desire - both want to start, teams of higher quality struggle with it in this league - at our level, its really difficult, its why someone like Ings would have been golddust for us really.

Agree but you can do it with good scouting look at Brighton. We are a club who thinks we can just get by in forward areas well I fear this season it's caught up with us.

For a ready to go one, yes - but buying and (or just) developing one is a lot cheaper and I would argue much more effective.

Ings, Giroud and the established players we did buy wouldn't or haven't had anything more than a temporary positive effect followed by a longer period of waistrelry. Lukaku, Richy and Dominic Calvert-Lewin were all bought to develop and we did that.

This is IMHO why Kean was mishandled so badly by the club - when he turned up he should have given him an extended run in the team, in his correct position, with effective support (Dominic Calvert-Lewin) and on the understanding that when CL clubs come calling he'd be allowed to go for a profit. It is also why I think Simms should start games ahead of Maupay (best of all would be them starting games together, with Maupay being replaced by Dominic Calvert-Lewin when fit).
Agree Simms is much more likely to get on the end of a few than Maupay who's instincts are to drop deep

Status
Not open for further replies.