We can lead the way in fighting racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true like, but it shouldn't matter if you're an Evertonian or not.

If you take what you said literally, it implies that if someone wasn't an Evertonian, but they were black, brown, Muslim, Sikh or whatever, then it might matter.

Apologies for picking on your post, but a few people have said similar things, so it's worth thinking about. We all have prejudices, but the first step in fixing them is to ackowledge that we have them.
I'm not prejudiced I just hate everyone!!!!

I'm totally behind you in fighting racism mate, there's no place for it in society nevermind football. Truth be told though, I have no interest in making Goodison a place where opposition players and fans are not intimidated or 'abused' (within reason obviously). That's part of football for me, and a snarling Goodison is better at it than most.
Agree with this. Totally against anybody recieving a
Go to an away game, there's an abundance of stupid kids making racist shouts.

Whilst you've got a culture like that, you'll never eradicate racism in football. By whole though, Everton as a football club do loads to support inclusion for all.
yeah, just the other week in the boozer before the derby. A few helmets broke off from singing with the rest of the pub to sing a delightful little ditty a about Daniel Sturridges skin colour. Twominutes later and without a hint of irony the same group joined in with the rest of us singing super kev campbell songs. The “everton are white” shouts always make me cringe aswell.Not because of how vile it is but because the person shouting it always just seems to be doing it to show how edgy they are.

I personally feel social media has had a negative impact on years and years of good work trying to out racism, now people have an anonymous voice, they share all there toxicity online and it's spreading back into normal society, social media has set us back years, but it shows that deep down under the cover of anonymity , people are incredibly prejudice about most things, very sad to see.

Go to an away game, there's an abundance of stupid kids making racist shouts.

Whilst you've got a culture like that, you'll never eradicate racism in football. By whole though, Everton as a football club do loads to support inclusion for all.

That’s down to the parents and education.

I am sure as time goes by, the situation will become better.

Is it really that much of a problem these days? I hear a wide variety of abuse at the match.

I think this would be a great cause for EVERY Evertonian to get behind. I often see the phrase used " over the top PC" or things like that. Especially in Trumps Washington. Surely if it is actually PC then that's what it is. the MAGA movement is a formica like veneer for the MAWA movement that drives it. Like Brexit is really driven by popular nationalism.The current political climate has changed people's attitudes to what is or isn't ok to say or do (and Social Media has been at the heart of that) under the cover of 'Over the top PC'. The boundaries of the self first culture are being pushed and extended every day, its about time everyone took a stand.

Don't forget we are the reigning champions of the most diverse competition in the world of club football, the Sportpesa Cup after defeating the Kenyan powerhouse Gor Mahia.

If your an Everton fan at the game it doesn’t matter what skin colour you are. We are all Blue. An we all want the same thing an that’s to see the blues win.

Reactions: kev
I personally feel social media has had a negative impact on years and years of good work trying to out racism, now people have an anonymous voice, they share all there toxicity online and it's spreading back into normal society, social media has set us back years, but it shows that deep down under the cover of anonymity , people are incredibly prejudice about most things, very sad to see.
Has social media set us back, or does it just bring out what people really are? In a weird kind of way, I think it is good that people can use social media to express their prejudices, as it is now in the open and the same medium can then also be used to educate people as to why racism, sexism etc are wrong. Without social media, people will suppress their thoughts in public and then it festers unchecked.

I would much rather it is said and challenged.

Status
Not open for further replies.