WCF 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ball was hands down England’s best player in that first 90, amazing ability on the ball. Can 100% see why he was snapped up right away.

Good to hear Kamara underline the brilliance of our legendary ball of fire.

Nevertheless poor by Channel 4 to interrupt Gaby Logan's fascinating interviews with sniippets from some football match

I will never forget that day. I was a 9 year old, playing footie in Grandison Road, Walton.

A top Toffee neighbour came running out of his house telling the whole world that we had signed Bally.

:celebrate:
Yes remember it well, jumped out of my chair when it was announced on the six o’clock news, running round the house like a dervish, my wife thought I’d cracked up. What great service we got out of him, on the Saturday after he was sold Goodison Road was like a cemetery with crowds in mourning. Players in Bellefield remember Alan coming out of Catterick’s office crying and telling them “ He’s selling me “ he couldn’t believe it. There have been a few stories told about why he was sold since that day, Catterick doesn’t come out of it very well in some tales and neither does Ball in other stories.

on the Saturday after he was sold Goodison Road was like a cemetery with crowds in mourning.

It was. Utterly dreadful atmosphere. Never hated a group of people as much as I loathed the management & directors and have never trusted any of them since.

Status
Not open for further replies.