Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know we're in the silly season when the press will regurgitate any old story just to fill their pages, but we fall for it every time.
Balls to the lot of them, can't be arsed.

Ahhhh mate are you serious?

The lad makes some good points and backs them up with some decent facts. Then you just dismiss them by saying he's deluded.

You might think it's the hight of wit but it's embarrasing and makes you look like you dont have the intelligence to hold up a decent discussion. I find it distressing and perplexing that this level of a response seems to be the norm and more appreciated responce on this fourm. Rather then a actual well thought out and detailed response designed to get your point across as well as invite further discussion.

But hey ho you'll probably just correct a spelling mistakes as a reply and think it's top level "bantz".

Tbh im not really bothered either way about rooney. If he signs he signs. If not then the manager obviously didn't want him enough to get him and im good with that too.

You are right. This is an emotive topic. The thought of him returning and sitting on our bench for 3 years making an obscene wage makes my blood boil.

If he returns and has an Indian summer and inspires us to the top 4 or a trophy I am happy to eat humble pie. I watch a lot of football and pretty much every Man Utd game is televised and Rooney has been in a sharp decline for years now. I think people are letting hearts rule heads and the romantic in them wants to see him return. I honestly believe that if he was not an evertonian had come through the ranks at another club nearly everybody would be against bringing him here.
If you have some spare time go over to the Man Utd forum and read the comments in his thread. They have been calling him a pub player for 4 years. Most of them think us signing him would be a mistake as he is simply not cut out for the league anymore

if stoke can offer him £45m then let them have him, that works out at about £300k a week for 3 years, matching his United salary. I was expecting that if we signed Wayne, it would be on about half that, because he would get a "golden handshake" from United for leaving early and therefore would be on the same money, anything else would seriously balls up the wage structure and probably upset the rest of the team. He is still a good player, but right now, for those kinds of wages we could get Klassen and Sigurdsson and probably have some change, I would rather do that.

You are right. This is an emotive topic. The thought of him returning and sitting on our bench for 3 years making an obscene wage makes my blood boil.

If he returns and has an Indian summer and inspires us to the top 4 or a trophy I am happy to eat humble pie. I watch a lot of football and pretty much every Man Utd game is televised and Rooney has been in a sharp decline for years now. I think people are letting hearts rule heads and the romantic in them wants to see him return. I honestly believe that if he was not an evertonian had come through the ranks at another club nearly everybody would be against bringing him here.
If you have some spare time go over to the Man Utd forum and read the comments in his thread. They have been calling him a pub player for 4 years. Most of them think us signing him would be a mistake as he is simply not cut out for the league anymore

The fact that so many fans are falling over themselves to get some garbage has-been who jibbed us off until no-one else wanted him is exactly why we don't deserve to win anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.