Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can imagine what some of our young players would think seeing fat old Rooney waddle through the door and straight into the first team.

Probably "OMG, I get the chance to train and play with 1 of the best players who's played in this league, who has won pretty much everything in the game, is England's highest goalscorer, and he is so desperate to play here, he's taken a massive paycut and turned down lucrative offers from abroad to come and play for my team... and he's nowhere near as fat as people say either."

Probably "OMG, I get the chance to train and play with 1 of the best players who's played in this league, who has won pretty much everything in the game, is England's highest goalscorer, and he is so desperate to play here, he's taken a massive paycut and turned down lucrative offers from abroad to come and play for my team... and he's nowhere near as fat as people say either."

Don't think anyone will be thinking that really.

I can imagine what some of our young players would think seeing fat old Rooney waddle through the door and straight into the first team.

Their manager is that kind of inspiration. He is one of the all time great players.

"Omg, I get the chance to train and play for one of the best players who's EVER PLAYED THE GAME, who has won pretty much everything in the game, is also now a fantastic manager, and he is so desperate to win things and get us into Champions League....and, yes, he's a little chubby, but he deserves to enjoy his meals after such an incredible career".

If Rooney was so desperate to play for Everton, he would never have left. Sentimental nonsense, the type that doesn't win you anything. We need to go sign GREAT YOUNG PLAYERS.

What the young players would really think with Rooney is

"Wow, I can leave Everton for the prime years of my career and still come back as a hero".

I'll believe it when I see it.

Their manager is that kind of inspiration. He is one of the all time great players.

"Omg, I get the chance to train and play for one of the best players who's EVER PLAYED THE GAME, who has won pretty much everything in the game, is also now a fantastic manager, and he is so desperate to win things and get us into Champions League....and, yes, he's a little chubby, but he deserves to enjoy his meals after such an incredible career".

Thing is, rightly or wrongly, our youngsters who are younger than 20, will probably know Ronald Koeman as Southamptons ex manager, it's not ignorance, it's just fact. In the meantime, the player they have watched in their formative years who they have probably wanted to be on the play ground, is Wayne Rooney, a fellow scouser who achieved all he has achieved and is now coming to play for this team.

If Rooney was so desperate to play for Everton, he would never have left. Sentimental nonsense, the type that doesn't win you anything. We need to go sign GREAT YOUNG PLAYERS.

What the young players would really think with Rooney is

"Wow, I can leave Everton for the prime years of my career and still come back as a hero".

He should have stayed, like all of our great players, from great teams, who never left, and retired in blue shirts.

The fact is, he left because we weren't big enough at the time and we needed him to leave as much as he needed to leave us. I've grown to accept that over the years. And it's not like he'd have ever been on to break our goalscoring record either is it.

As for youngsters following his example, if any of them turn out a fraction as good as him, we will be extremely lucky, and in this current set up, we will be in a fantastic position to reap the inevitable rewards.

Maybe Wayne being around will be a catalyst for those things to happen.

Rooney would improve us.

But we won't bring him in unless the deal is absolutely right for the club.
This. He would have been a huge asset in a game like the snore draw at the weekend. We need more options in attack and as long as we aren't paying something stupid like £20m for him then I don't mind is getting him back. Experience in Europe will be a huge asset too.

Status
Not open for further replies.