Watson Burton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have a presence in the far east via Chang so clearly being able to sell bona fide shirts in the region could be a big boon commercially. I suspect the market is dominated by counterfeit products at the moment so it could pay off handsomely.

Could they start looking at web sites such as ours and seek 'intelectual rites' over what we do?b)

I sent that link to Danny earlier as a warning, monty. I know this site is OK to use certain permitted images, but there are a lot that get posted (by other members) that aren't. Sure, they're more likely to be going after people like Youtube or knock-off memorabilia salesmen, but you never know when that lawyer's letter is going to float through the letterbox.

More than a few website owners (and designers) got caught out when one of the major photo rights companies started getting aggressive on this stuff (with bills of $x,000). And I've seen a few from part of that same company on here...

I sent that link to Danny earlier as a warning, monty. I know this site is OK to use certain permitted images, but there are a lot that get posted (by other members) that aren't. Sure, they're more likely to be going after people like Youtube or knock-off memorabilia salesmen, but you never know when that lawyers' letter is going to float through the letterbox.

More than a few website owners (and designers) got caught out when one of the major photo rights companies started getting aggressive on this stuff (with bills of $x,000). And I've seen a few from part of that same company on here...

I know very little about these internet sites Atr but that was the first thing that crossed my mind, clearly the mods will have to be on their toes for a change (awaits for the sound of moaning from on high:p :p lol)

It would be worth a quick check through site imagery/news articles to see who owns their digital copyright.

It might be worth spawning a new thread per game. "Post your pictures from Everton vs X".
Might end up getting some decent stuff you could use for free, and the rest of us would enjoy looking at the posted pics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.