Match Thread Watford 2-3 Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any sense .. lossi starts for me

these will be looking on lashing crosses in for fun and pickford just isn't good enough at that type of game .. baines deserves a go as well i thought he's been good in the games hes played
Agree with benching Pickford. Think Carlo has seen enough of him. Problem is he’s on decent money so getting him out the club will not be straightfoward, which applies to all the players on money they won’t receive anywhere else. It’s far harder today to get rid of players than ever before. You can be stuck with them for years. A loan like Tosun is probably the best option, then hopefully the club buys later. Obviously helps to get rid if the player does well on loan (Tosun scoring was great).

I have sympathy for Pickford in that he has something that I don’t think that can be improved upon, and that’s lack of focus. His positioning is poor (which means he often has to stretch to make a save that should have been much easier, or the ball is out of his reach and goes past him), his kicking isn’t the most accurate, but these things can be worked on. His hyperactivity cannot. His fidgety mannerisms, reacting to everything around him (including the crowd), jumping around like a loon when he’s only saved the first pen in a shootout (vs Leicester). A gk has to be calm, measured, in control, spreading a calm assurance to the back four...attritibutes he does not have.

England are in a shocking state that he’s still the gk. To think Nigel Martyn and Tim Flowers were only back ups when they played during the David Seaman era.

Eat and drink before you get here, I had to visit earlier in the season and the food and drink is terrible and over priced

we need a pick me up result , after the injury time debacle !

Got to be confident - don't we

COYB just make sure we have 3 in the bag before injury time

they had a good start under pearson ( very good )

but brought back down to earth by villa and then knocked out the cup by tranmere

just get at these, they're were they are because they are crap.

keep one lung quiet and we'll better these

1-1 Draw after being ahead

I don't know why but I think this is the team he will play

Pickford
Sidibe Mina Holgate Digne
Walcott Morgan Delph Bernard
Rich DCL

Iwobi
Gylfi
Keane
Kean
Coleman
Sket
Davies

two evenly matched teams in terms of talent and ambition...hopefully we can grab a point but a lot depends on how our brave lion hearts handle any pressure that might arise in the fixture. Given that our lads usually fold like a cheap suit at the merest hint of pressure, I'm not very optimistic about this game...but I'll stick my neck out (and cross my fingers), and plump for a 0-0 outcome,

NSNO.

Status
Not open for further replies.